VI

My editor seemed to like the manuscript I sent her. It's been a month since I found that book in my private library. After successfully publishing it, I named the nameless novel Sinful Garden, ironically.

The idea came from the recurring scenes where they met at Lily of the Valley.

Meanwhile, I've kept the same, perfect docile wife persona in front of Sevan. I'd be lying if I said there was any improvement in our relationship. I'm glad we haven't engaged in marital activities in the past months or even our whole marriage except for kissing 3 times.

There was one thing that nearly slipped my mind, that me and Sevan..we are in a contractual agreement of marriage.

"Here's our contract. You can freely add anything you want in it if you see fit before I give it to my lawyer." Sevan, sitting in front of me, slid the envelope across the table.

I picked it up and read through all the lines.

The baseline of our agreement is that we must stay faithful to each other and this would only be breached if both partners come to terms, next is that we must do marital activities nightly after our honeymoon. Third, we must kiss now and then as practice and preparation for the said strenuous marital activity.

Fourth, we must create an heir. Regardless of the baby's gender, we will do our part as parents. Lastly if one of us no longer wants to continue our relationship, we must talk it out with the other party and schedule a proper divorce.

That was it.

So perhaps I cannot just leave and go...Tsk.

I haven't fully assessed how I am supposed to leave this marriage without any possibility of a negative outcome turning back on me.

Well, I'll figure it out when I get there. That's future Neveah's problem to deal with. Anywho, by this time there should be another major novel event happening.

Aciel's younger brother who is just 2 years his junior, really fucks up his life along with his worthless excuse of a mother who was a gambling addict that created a fuck ton of debt before dropping dead from a stroke.

Though Aciel is making plenty of money from work, almost all of his money is wasted because of those two demonic scumbags whom he disregards all of their red flags at the pretense of his love for them.

To say that Aciel is a fool for his family is an understatement.

Aciel's brother, Yohan is a dirty bastard that has an unhealthy obsession with being involved with illegal bullshit. Whether it's smuggling drugs, gambling, killing, stealing, you name it. Makes you wonder how on earth did they come out from the same damn womb.

He's supposed to be smuggling 6 million dollars, all of which are illegal money. He was going to send them to the main villain of the novel, Raul but instead, he lost it all on a bet he made at a casino. He thought he could pay it all off by using Aciel.

Aciel often lived frugally and saved as much money as he could. I remember when we were in college he had had two part-time jobs. I think he even had three.

Their mother had just died so he took the opportunity to bond as brothers by drinking but he slipped a drug into his cup making him fall into a deep sleep and then take his card. His girlfriend worked at a bank so it was easy for him to take out nearly all of Aciel's money.

But again, instead of giving it to Raul, the damn bean-brain gambles it in hopes to get more from what he got. Unfortunately for him, life can't magically make his pathetic ass good at gambling.