IV

-Sevan's POV-

"Mr. Illes! Good morning, it's such an honor that you agreed to proceed with this project. " The hosting partner, the director of GTC welcomed me.

"It's nothing, I quite admire your fighters myself. I heard you managed to get the famous Valerian Odell to join your team. He's quite the exceptional fighter."

"Ah yes, we are very proud that he finds our facilities and capabilities worthy." He smiled.

He then led me to the meeting room where the organizers for the next event would be meeting us. When I sat down in my seat, I noticed a familiar face.

Aciel Ives Madden.

It looks like he drank a pill before coming here, or else we would be catching a strong scent of his pheromones, despite him being an alpha just like us, his pheromones are just..different.  As far as I know, this man was Nevie Rivera's academic rival during her university days.

I might have stared at him for too long since he was starting to fidget in his chair. A bothered expression was painted on his face with a slightly embarrassed blush donning the apples of his cheeks whilst the furrow between his brows.

'He's quite charming..'

What the fuck? Him? Charming? I must be out of my mind.

I sat up properly, and when the meeting started, I focused on the speaker. Though now and then, my eyes would drift to him. It was an odd feeling. It bothered me a lot.

When I cleared my throat, the director thought I was displeased with something in which I advertently said that I just needed water. He was about to ask his secretary to grab me one but I insisted that I wanted to grab one myself.

I looked down from the window as I filled my cup to see a woman with a similar silhouette to my wife. As much as it looks different from hers, there's this odd sense of familiarity. However, though it was impossible to be her since the woman's hair was black while my wife was a brunette. I've never seen those types of clothing in her closet either. 

I wonder if she would want to have one with a similar style. Would she like it? A husband's duty as far as I researched is to provide for their spouses. Should I call her to check if that's her? No, she'll think I'm crazy.

When I walked back inside the meeting room, my eyes naturally drifted toward Mr. Madden's direction. He was listening intently to the conversation and even writing down his input. I noticed that his eyes had a hint of blue in them despite the obvious silverness. 

When the meeting ended, my secretary reminded me of a few things. I wanted to greet him as I could see how hardworking he was but before I could, he already rushed out of the office.

His eyes met mine right before he left, he knew I wanted to talk to him and yet he quickly left. How interesting.

Just before I walked out from the doorway, Valerian Odell was about to walk in. He cocked an eyebrow and smirked. "Long time no see, Sev." 

"You too. I see that you have been doing more than well." I smiled. 

"You're talking about me? You got fucking married! Sorry that I couldn't come. I wanted to but our schedules didn't align and I had a fight that day." He said sincerely.