II

My work life went smoothly, and when I thought that I finally had peace with my life, my family certainly did not.

"Nevaeh Beatrix Chrysalis. When are you planning on getting married?!" My grandmother boomed. I cringed hearing my government name. Why couldn't they have just given me a normal name..?

She's been the only person with me after my mother died. The sperm donor—I mean my father, I rather not talk about that mammal.

"In God's time, NaiNai. He'll surely give me my partner when the time's right." Right when I want to deal with commitment, which is never. HA! Why be in a relationship if you can be hot, rich, and single?

I actually do but I can't bag a single man that fits my ridiculously high standards. The problem is I am unwilling to bring those standards down so either I find a man or I'll be single for the rest of my life. 

The limit I can save my virginity is until 26 so if I turn 26 and I still haven't gotten the euphoric feeling of the said art, I'mma lose it one way or another. 

"Your father, he's waiting for you to get married. Your grandfather told him that he won't officially pass him the company if you aren't married yet. He wants to see your father act like one before he dies."

"Him? Act like a father? If acting like a father nearly killing me when I was a baby just because mom chose me over him is fatherly, I must be insane because I hardly think he's capable of doing such a thing. You had to finance my education. My grandfather helped with my college, and what did he do? Found a new wife, banged her, and made babies with her." I berated.

"In fact, I won't marry anyone if he's gonna push me, if anything I'll laugh at his face with a big bag of cheese popcorn." I could just see it, the satisfaction on my face as he reddens at the loss of his demands. 

"Just give it some thought, Neveah. I also want to see my grandchildren before I get too old. Did you know what your grandfather told me? He hasn't told your father yet but even if he's going to hand it over to him, he's planning on giving you 50% of the company's controlled shares."

I stopped dead in my tracks and placed down the carton of milky goodness that I was about to pour into my oatmeal.

"...Hold on, 50 percent? Did I hear that right?" My ears perked up.

"Hm? Yes, he told me to tell you that."

"*chuckles* Well, if it's grandchildren you want NaiNai, then it's grandchildren you'll get!"

If there's anything going to irritate my father more then it's me being a massive shareholder of the company he so wants to have. Aside from that, I'll have an absurd amount of money. I'll invest my money properly, and I'll do everything I can to take over the company myself.

I can't wait to watch his gold-digging wife's face twist in anger when I do so.

My Grandmother, I call her NaiNai because she preferred that I do so with respect to my Taiwanese great-grandparents her real name is Yiren Yang but she does have an English name which is Victoria Yiren Rivera because she married my late grandfather who was Filipino. She took me in after my father nearly killed me, and was about to give me to the orphanage. 

I grew up in a humble house in Oxfordshire, England where she acted as both my mother and father. She financed everything even when she didn't have to. Later we traveled to the United States to meet my grandfather, Johann Chrysalis. We later settled down here. 

The filthy rich side of my blood comes from my father. This explains why he didn't get caught by the police when he was about to drop me from the window as a child after my mother gave birth to me. She suffered from a rare type of preeclampsia.