He opens his mouth to reply, completely sure that he would deny but to my surprise he instead huffs "Fine"

Even though Sid, Utkarsh and Neel cheer in ecstasy and the rest of us look at each other mimicking a bewildered look.

Everyone starts talking about the carnival as we walk towards the exit and while we do, I notice a tensed look on Reyhaan's face.

Why do you care? My subconscious taunts me

It's not like I care and moreover it's none of my business. We don't talk to each other without fighting so no way in hell are we both gonna have a heart-to-heart conversation.

Plus if I try being nice and ask him he will tag me as interfering. So best I ignore him.

***

I turn around when the music suddenly stops playing on my phone and instead I hear the alarm ringing reminding me to get back to the apartment with the girls to change and get ready for the carnival.

Yesterday we had decided that us girls would get ready in the apartment after classes and the boys would pick us up there at 4:30 pm. My classes ended before lunch and I thought maybe I could practice dancing until Anaya and Aditi's classes were over.

Walking down the hallway I meet Aditi and Anaya and we walk to our apartment. I take out the keys and let us in. After taking a quick shower I wrap a robe around my damp body. I come out of the bathroom and open my wardrobe to choose my outfit but instead I just stare at my clothes.

"Why are you staring? Quickly change" Aditi pulls me out of my daze.

Wanting a casual outfit, I opt a white shorts and a blue shirt paired with my go-to sneakers and my favorite gold accessories. I spray some perfume after brushing my hair and applying some lip gloss.

I'm not a big fan of makeup, I wear it occasionally except for lip gloss and mascara.

I snap a picture of my outfit during which I hear "Boys are here" from the living room. Grabbing my purse from the bed I step out of my room to find Anaya and Aditi ready. We quickly lock the apartment and go downstairs.

Just as we reach I see a white Mercedes rolling in, making me roll my eyes. Because until now, I've seen at least 5 different models of the same god damn brand.

Now don't ask me how I know that it is reyhaan who owns it. I just know..

The window of the passenger seat rolls down showing Dhruv. Aditi opens the door and goes inside followed by myself and Anaya.

"Where is Sid?" asks Anaya

Dhruv puts some music while replying "He's coming with the other boys"

After about an hour we finally reach the carnival venue, parking the car we start walking towards the entrance gate where we spot the boys standing busy on their phones. Neel looks up and throws a wave at us when he sees us approaching.

I take a long breath as I walk inside because oh my word, this is massive. Everything about this carnival feels like a dream, it is colorful, chaotic and widespread. There are about hundreds of people running and screaming while trying out different rides.

"Lets try this one" Sid points out his index finger at this pendulum-like looking ride. He pulls me along with himself and as I'm holding Anaya's hand, she also tags along with us. We all buy tickets and get into the ride to sit.

I first sit and then Sid sits on one side, reyhaan who I almost forget then enters the ride and walks to the other side but is interrupted by Sid "where are you going? Sit next to Aadhya itself."