Jess nodded

Harper and her mom walked out of the door to their car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12:53 pm

The drive was pretty long, but not for Harper. Harper thought the ride was short because the whole way there she was thinking about all the stuff that could go wrong. She was completely out of her thoughts when the car stopped. She looked out the window only to see kids and parents in the parking lot walking into a building. They were at Nationals.

Harper hesitated before opening the car door, followed by her mom. She got her luggage out of the trunk as well as her dance backpack and costume. They walked to the building side by side. Harper fiddled with her fingers as they got closer. When they walked into the building it was just like Harper remembered it.

This isn't Harper's first time at Nationals, they're held every year, but it's been a little while since Harper competed there. Last year and the year before, Harper couldn't go because she got sick the day before with the flu. So today was her day to make up for lost years of a National Dance competition.

Harper saw dancers running around, some stretching, and others talking with friends. While the adults were putting makeup on their kids, laughing with other parents, or saying counts for their children as they recalled their routine.

Jess and Harper were walking and looking around, Harper quietly giggling at random as she was remembering memories with her friends. Just when they stopped. They stopped right in front of the auditorium doors. Harper looked up to the banner that read Up Stage National Dance Competition. Crazy to think that behind those doors people's dreams are coming true in the world of dance.

HARPER!," Matt said, as he and his family were walking over to Harper.

Matt ran over to her

"MATT!" Harper said, dropping her things and running over to him.

They collided in a big hug, slightly moving side to side

Their parents just watched

"How long has it been since they saw each other," Jess asked sarcastically

"Like 3 hours," said Kami, Matt's mom.

Jess and Kami both laughed, and hugged

Harper was close with her dance team, but she was always closest with Matt. When they were younger, they would often be matching clothes and accessories, and they would tell people they were "twins". They had lots of similarities. They both had that curly black hair, only Matts was in a perm. They both had gorgeous brown eyes and the same caramel skin.

Matt's dad gave Harper a light squeeze on her shoulder and Harper smiled

"C'mon Harper, everyone's in the dressing room," Matt said as he pulled away, gesturing to Harper.

Harper nodded and was about to go with Matt until her mom stopped her

"Harper Honey, I will come in the dressing room later for your makeup, ok?"

"Ok," Harper said as she and Matt walked away with their hands on each other's shoulders, arms laying on the end of each other's necks.

"So is your Boyfriend here, Harppie?" " Matt asked playfully as they walked together.

"Shut up," Harper said

She and Matt laughed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------