So...uh...mate...this is AKWARD.

Picture of Athena's otfit on the side------------------------------------------->

*****Recap*****

I flopped down on the bed and thought about what tomorrow would be like. I realized that my wolf and I were really anxious to see him, Xavier James, our MATE. That was gonna get some getting used to.

**********************************************************

Chapter 8

Athena's POV

I woke up the next day more excited to go to school than I have been in years and I knew exactly why. My heart fluttered every time I thought of HIM...MY MATE...XAVIER.

HE was all I thought about while I got ready for school. I decided to wear my grey tank top with Pebbles from the Flinstones on it and has "SPOILED" written across it with some skinny jeans and black heels. with a little bit of make up and my hair down. I was surprised at how good I looked.

When I walked down stairs my dad was already there sipping on his coffee and making eggs and bacon. When I came in he smiled at me.

"Hey sweetie you want some?" he asked.

"Uhh...sure. Thanks." I said

"Hey I wanna talk to you about the werewolf stuff. I know we didn't get a chance to talk about it." he said while putting a plate in front of me and sitting down.

"Ok cause I should probably talk to you to."

"So... are you alright with it?" he asked.

"The werewolf thing?" I asked and he nodded. "Yeah I actually...kinda enjoy it."

"Really?" he asked in a hopeful voice.

"Yeah! Its fun being able to run like that and being able to play rough with the boys. I haven't been able to do that in...well...2 years. Wow that must have been right before their first change. We used to play like that all the time. I never realized how much i missed it!" I told him.

"Well that's...great! I'm glad you like it the boys and i thought you would be in a mood about it." he said.

"Yeah."

"You said you wanted to talk to me?" he asked.

"Oh yeah...um...i wanted to ask you to explain to me more about mates. Ya know, like, what it feels like, how it happens." i told him.

"Hahaha! We'll cross that bridge when we get there. I don't want to think of my little girl growing up. So when you find him we'll talk about it, ok?" he told me.

I just continued looking dow at my plate and playing with my food.

"Why did you wanna talk about it anyway?" he asked.

"Um...because...I think...I...um...found my mate." I stammered through my sentence.

He stood there looking dumbfounded for a moment before coming back to reality.

"WHO?" he said while shaking. It looked like he was staring right through me.

I was guessing this was his Alpha power coming out and it was scaring me. I realized after a moment I was cowering in my chair.

"D-d-da-a-a-dd-y?" I asked stuttering.

Then I think that he saw me and how scared his alpha voice made me and he snapped out of it.

"I am so sorry sweetie." he said looking ashamed of himself, "I didn't mean to scare you."

That's when I stood up and hugged him and said, "Daddy it's ok you didn't mean to scare me."