XLIV.

Beatrice

"Why can't you just take this combat training more seriously?" Beatrice said, pinning Ava to the ground, holding both of her arms above her head.

Ava grinned, trying to get out of her grip. When she finally managed to get up, she answered. "Uh common, you were just pinning me down to the ground, how could I take this seriously Boo Boo?"

Beatrice sighed and rolled her eyes back, trying to hide the light pink that appeared on her cheeks. "You should not get distracted by things like this," she said, to which Ava didn't even bother to respond so she just waved her hand.

They were getting ready to head out of the training room when Mother Superion came. "Sorry for disturbing you, I need you both now to come to my office." She said, and they both knew something is wrong just by the tone of her voice.

*In Mother Superion's office*

When they both got there, Lilith, Camila, and Yasmine were already sitting by the table, waiting for them patiently. They all seemed quiet.

"Sit down." Mother Superion said and pointed to an empty place to sit.

Bea sat down, and even though there was plenty of free space for Ava, she sat into her lap and hugged her around the shoulders. Beatrice was used to it, and she didn't mind at all. Ava's clinginess seemed cute to her.

"As you might've noticed, there's something important we need to talk about. We managed to get to the result that we didn't get the date of the Holy War right. Of course, we don't know for sure, but we have to be careful now. We don't know if the date in Adreil's diaries was real, or if it was just some random date to mess our heads up. We were too naive to think about it properly."

The room got quiet as if no one was there.

Ava's grip around Bea's shoulders tightened as she turned her head to look into her eyes.

Just now Bea saw the look she has never seen from Ava. The hopeless and tired one, full of pure pain.