"Why do you make things sound so easy?" She asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "It may sound easy but I know it's not. You just have to find the courage I know you have to help you."

"Could you possibly be there with me? That way if he has questions, you can help answer them," she chimes, a small smile forming on her face. I return her smile and shake my head slightly. Her face drops, "what?? Why not??"

"Because you need to do it yourself. It's a talk you and Hiccup need to have together, alone. I feel things will only be weird if I'm there," I answer, watching as she drops her head. "You can do it, Astrid. I know you can. Don't doubt yourself."

She sighs before leaning back on the couch with a defeated look. "Fine."

A pout crosses her features as I chuckle. Nothing has changed with her. She's been this way since she was 5. Glad to know her 200-year nap didn't take away her childish moments. That's something I certainly missed while she was sleeping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack's P.O.V.

Sitting on a workbench in the forge, I watch as Hiccup carves tiny details into an ax handle. He found out recently that Astrid used to train all the time. He even found out that her favorite weapon to train with was an ax. For the past week, he's been in the process of designing and crafting an ax for her to train with. In the process, he's been working on a sword of his own. From what I've been told, once both of their weapons are done, they'll be training together.

With laser focus, Hiccup carved tiny designs on the handle. He first started out by drawing a dragon on the handle and now, he proceeds to carve it. I watch as he adds the tiniest scales to the dragon with the smallest wood carver he could find. It's quite interesting to see him work.

"Do you think you'd be able to carve something out for Elsa?" I asked, munching on a muffin I got from the town bakery on my way here. I'd think she'd like something like that."

A chuckle leaves Hiccup's mouth as he looks up at me, "I told you before, I'm not making something for you to give to Elsa. If you want to make it. Go for it. I'll help, but I'm not doing the work for you."

"What? But you know I have no skill," I pout, "I need someone to do it for me."

"I am not doing it for you. And I know you have the skill, I've seen it," he says, pointing at me with his wood carver, "Stop being lazy and do it yourself."

I scoff dramatically as I place a hand on my chest, "I am not lazy!"

"Oh really?" He gives me the classic 'really' look like he knows I lie. I nod. "Then why is being lazy one of your top traits?"

"First off, I am not lazy," I defend, "I simply know what I like and what I don't like. I like sitting around and having fun. I also enjoy sleep."

"I'm aware. You sleep a little too much," he says, "And just about everything you like involves you doing nothing."

"That still doesn't mean I'm lazy," I retort, crossing my arms.

"Alright, if you say so," he chuckles, "So what did you want to talk about?"

I look at him confused for a second, forgetting the reason why I came to the forge in the first place. Hiccup must see the confusion on my face because he chuckles at the sight.

"You said you were going to swing by and talk to me about something this morning when we left for work. Do you remember doing that?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

Did I want to talk to Hiccup? That's why I came? What did I want to talk to him about? Oh! Wait, I think I remember now. Or at least, I hope I do. I just hope I don't think too hard.