Chapter 9: Deku vs Bakugo! Potara?

The class (minus the teams that were about to battle it out) were going to the observation room when Cinna stopped beside Midoriya.

Cinna: Hey! Feeling nervous about the exercise?

Midoriya: Y-yeah. I honestly don't know if I can win. What if I mess up? What if I accidentally kill him!?

Cinna grabbed his shoulders to calm him down, her onyx eyes staring deep into Midoriya's own.

Cinna: Hey. You're gonna do fine. Trust me, you and Uraraka will blow Bakugo and Iida out of the water!

Midoriya: You really think so?

Cinna: Yeah! You trained with Wasan and I after all!

The girl grinned and thought for a second before taking off the earrings that she had on.

Cinna: Here, take these.

Midoriya: Huh? What for?

Cinna: Just some help if you really feel unsure about your win! If you need to use them, have Uraraka put one on one ear and you put the other on the ear opposite of hers.

Midoriya: Huh? What do they do?

Cinna: Oh, you'll see! Bye bye now! Kick Bakugo's ass for us!

Cinna ran to the rest of the class as Midoriya stared dumbfounded at her retreating figure.

Midoriya: That was strange. However, she wouldn't just give her earrings to me if they were only for show. They must have some use.

The boy stared at the earrings before placing one of them in the belt pocket that he had in his hero costume.

Midoriya: Kinda glad that she gave me those though. I wonder what they do. Well, if I ever need it, I'll just give it a shot. Uraraka!

Uraraka: Yeah, Deku?

Midoriya: Can you put this in your pocket? I have a feeling that we'll need it.

Uraraka: Sure, Deku! But what is it?

Midoriya sighed as the pink-cheeked girl did as he asked.

Midoriya: I'm honestly not sure. However, we might need it later during the fight so just keep it on you for now.

Uraraka: Alright! I'll be sure to remember it!

The boy smiled then watched as their opponents entered the building to hide the bomb during their grace period. Uraraka was looking through the map of the building that they had to infiltrate for this exercise while Midoriya stared at the entrance to the building.

Uraraka: So, Deku, we might have to strategize further for this. I mean, I could always float outside of the building using my quirk but I think we should plan out a better strategy for- AH, YOU'RE SWEATING THROUGH YOUR COSTUME!