Ch.9 : The exams

Two days ago, I met my friend that I haven't seen since middle school. It was an unexpected meeting. I'm not particularly happy or angry about it. I'm at school now, and we didn't talk that much yesterday.

Right now in the classroom, you can see that the atmosphere is oppressive.All this because of the exams.Nobody jokes, almost everyone is sitting and preparing for exams.

Okay, I'm kidding, only a few people are preparing for them. Because they probably just now found out that exams are coming soon.Because the rest are either already prepared or preparing at home. Who will be preparing in the class? Those who didn't prepare at all.But at the same time, the aura was still visible, these are exams after all.

I'm quite calm, because I am confident in my knowledge. And even more so, I have prepared for a long time.Exams are tomorrow by the way.

But the biggest thing that scares me right now is...

"Hypotenuse,Diameter,Congruent,Radius..." - Makoto sat at his desk with his hands on his head and repeated these words in a low voice.

On the other side.

"G-Good afternoon, the moon is shining so bright right back." - Kei sat at his desk, muttering in broken English.

"What the heck?" - I muttered in surprise.

After that, you could hear someone enter the classroom,it was Naoto.I looked at him and there were bags under his eyes on his face. And he repeated the same thing as Makoto.

I turned to Yuuki wanting to know what was going on but he just shrugged his shoulders.

After school, I remembered how in Shimokitazawa I noticed one cafe that caught my attention.I don't know why, but I'm interested in going there, I have to go to other cafes and not just the ones you constantly go to. At least for a change.

I came to that place and stood near the entrance.Looks like it just opened not too long ago.

"Well I'll just go in." - I said and took the door handle and opened it.

I entered the cafe and immediately looked around.I noticed that there was a bar counter to my left.

I breathed a sigh of relief and went to the table.

(It's good that there is no one I know. I would like to rest a little now.) - I thought and sat down at the table.

But when I thought about it...

"Ichiro-kun, you're just in time." - I widened my eyes in surprise when i heard a familiar voice.My mood and my day is ruined.

"Ryo-san?" - I looked ahead at the table in front of me.

She looked at me as if she had the answer to my question in her eyes.

"I mean I just didn't expect to see you here." - I rephrased my first question.

"I just eat." - She answered right away.

"Ah...I see..." - I muttered.

 (She responded really quickly!) - After my thoughts, I shifted my gaze to her plate.

(Curry huh?Well curry doesn't interest me anymore.Anyway, she said that I was on time. What did she mean?) - I started thinking about the reasons.

"What?" - She noticed my gaze and looked at me.

"Just so you know, I won't share the curry." - She continued, thinking like I want her curry.

"No, I'm not interested in curry." - I said and chose food from the menu.