Ch.5 : "Shopping"

After hanging out with the Kessoku Band, I decided to go back home.

"Interesting day to say the least." - I muttered.

Walking down the street, I looked around and stopped.

"I think I forgot something?" - I closed my eyes and tried to remember.

Then I suddenly opened my eyes. "I can't remember at all." - I said.

"Could it be something important?" - I started thinking again.

I remember leaving the house today...And my mom told me something....What is this...?

I took out my phone and turned it on.

"Thursday...huh?" - I said quietly.

"Thursday?" - I repeated with a question in my voice.

It suddenly hit me and I opened my eyes.

"Today it's my turn to buy groceries..." - I muttered.

I quickly put my phone in my pocket and ran towards the store.

"How could I forget?" - I said while running.

I started running to the nearest store.

(Store, store?) - I started looking around for my destination.

"Oh I found." - I said and then ran to the store.

I entered the store. "So let's go." - I said and looking for the products I need.

But suddenly I heard a familiar voice.

"Wait Ichiro-san is that you?" - I turned around at a familiar voice and saw Nijika.

She ran up to me. "Long time no see huh?" - She joked.

"Yes, that was a long time ago, Nijika-san." - I also answered jokingly. "As I think you're here for shopping?"

"Yeah.I'm here buying groceries for my family. But I saw you here, so I wanted to say hello." - She said smiling.

"Well, I'm also here shopping for my family.Because today is my turn." - I look at her and answered.

"I see. But Ichiro-san, why do you look tired? You weren't like this a couple of hours ago." - She asked me.

"Ah? Well, I ran here quickly so that's why I look tired." - I told her and examined myself.

"Eh? Did you run here? But why?" - She asked me and tilted her head to the side.

"Really... I don't know myself. Probably wanted to come here early." - I answered to her.

"I understand." - She said and nodded.

"Well, in general, this is my first time here and if you don't mind, can you show me where the products I need are located?" - I asked.

"Sure! It might take a while, but follow me!" - She said and went to show me.

"Thank you and sorry for bothering you." - I said as I followed her.

"Eh?" - She turned to me. "Don't worry,I'm happy to help you." - She gave me a warm smile.

I was shocked by her smile. 

(To be honest, I can't understand what is going on in the minds of such people) - I thought looking at her.

After that I looked at my phone in the grocery list.