Chapter 32

▍japan, provisional exam𝐎 𝐒 𝐇 𝐔 𝐍𝐢

𝐎 𝐒 𝐇 𝐔 𝐍
𝐢. 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐲𝐚
32.    ✿ ↬

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

second person

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑹𝑬𝑳𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵𝑺𝑯𝑰𝑷 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯 your ex, Camilla Perez, was a complicated story with a tragic ending. A story so complicated, so tragic- that not even Izuku knew the full extent of the situation that happened between the two of you. You never told him the extent of what was going on behind the relationship. Why the relationship was failed before it even begun.

The two of you had started out as close friends, best friends even. She was your first genuine female friend in middle school. And you cherished her, you genuinely cared for her.

Oddly enough, ethnicities are what brought you together as friends. Back in your first year of middle school, you two noticed each other because you were both equally different. Both foreigners. You shared the same pain.

Camila was Ecuadorian and Brazilian. She was fully Hispanic living in Japan. Growing up was tough for, she struggled socially. Just like it was for you, although you had it much worse.

So that's how you both grew so close. It started off with you bonding over being different, and continued through personalities and genuinely enjoying each other. And for a while that was enough.

Until one of you wanted more than friendship. And the other didn't want to lose her.

It was a normal day at Aldera Junior High. Well... a normal day for your thirteen year old self. You sat in one of the chairs in front of the principal's desk in his office.

It was quiet, the both of you staring at each other with different expressions. One of you unbothered while the other appeared stressed out.

"Principal Yoritomo, nice to see you again." You flashed a familiar smile, your words only a tad bit sarcastic. "I heard you got remarried. That's cool. Is that a new haircut? Looks good. These are some comfortable chairs-"

"Patterson." Principal Yoritomo sighed out your name, holding his hands together on top of his desk as he stared at you through his glasses. "Dare I ask, what happened this time?"

"At gym, we were told to do four laps around the track before we could do our own thing. I decided to run since I did track last year. I was minding my business when Shinju decided to race me. I didn't care since it was my last lap, so I said yes. Long story short- I won, Shinju got mad and started yelling at me. When I told him to leave me alone, he started pushing me. So I punched him the face and kicked him."

Heavy silence filled the room once you finished explaining the situation that happened 15 minutes ago. You weren't ashamed of what you did, it wasn't your fault. So you kept a straight face as you waited for the principal to respond.