Chapter 15

▍flashback to past trauma𝐎 𝐒 𝐇 𝐔 𝐍𝐢

𝐎 𝐒 𝐇 𝐔 𝐍
𝐢. 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐲𝐚
15.    ✿ ↬

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

second person

𝑰𝑵 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑴𝑰𝑫𝑫𝑳𝑬 of the night, your four year old self lied awake in bed staring up at the ceiling in your old room. There were nights where you could not sleep so you frequently spent your time staring at nothing while maladaptive daydreaming.This night was one of those nights.

You were not like most kids. Quite literally. You did not look like most-to-none of the other kids in Japan, you quickly noticed it. Most times, you did not eat the same food as them or even speak the same language them. Nor did some of your clothes even look like theirs. You were very different.

It only made it worse when you looked at your family. Besides 

the fact that you were a year older or the fact that you learned English before Japanese. But the fact that your family was much different than there's. Something you also quickly.

There was never a sense of pride when it came to your family. Yes, your grandmother was a hero. But you quickly found out that she was an underground hero so hardly any average citizen knew her. And she had a secret identity which meant hardly anyone would've believed you. So, you couldn't brag about that.

At a young age, you were very aware of the crippled relationship your parents had. You were very aware of the hate your father had for you. But still, for some reason that confused even you, there was a small fraction of your heart that desired his approval when you were young.

Seeing all the kids with their parents. Like the days when it rained so they walked with their parents under an umbrella. Or having your brother show up to parent evenings because your mother was always tired and your father was never emotionally there.

Even just watching other kids be happy, completely unharmed with no worry of the fate they had once they got home. You couldn't help but feel envy, so much envy. Why did they have better life than you?

This night was one of those nights that reminded you just how how terrible of a home life you had. You could hear the screaming and yelling of your parents from your room.

It wasn't uncommon for you to hear your parents yelling, they did it often. Sometimes you found yourself wondering if there was ever a time where they actually loved each other. Even at the young age of 4 years old, you knew they didn't share any real love.