Chapter 7: Confessions

(Gohan's POV)

Time went by fast. Magisterial Kai and I have trained altogether for seven months now; it was just two weeks away from the martial arts tournament. I learned Saiyago, the Saiyan language, very quickly. I was fluent in only four short months. My power grew rapidly over the months and my body could bear 2 000 tons by now. I am sure that I would be able to sustain the third Super Saiyan transformation by now. I couldn't wait to get these bands off!

Magisterial made me lap around the entire planet three times with 500 tons on each limb. I completed the laps in record time.

"Good job Gohan!" Magisterial praised. "You broke your previous record."

"Thank you, thank you." I said with a not-at-all-modest bow as I waved at an invisible crowd. 

"Autographs are available with yours truly after my current training session." I declared dramatically; Drogo is starting to rub off on me: he really is contagious!

Magisterial smiled. "So what do you say about taking these ghastly things off for good?" He asked pointing at the bands.

I shrugged. "It doesn't really matter to me. I am used to it either way." I said coolly, not wanting to seem over-eager. I just want these damn things off!

He clapped his hands together. "On to new horizons then. Drogo will you do the honours?"

"Me?" The little dragon asked puzzled as he pointed to himself. Magisterial playfully looked around. "I don't see another Drogo here, so you will have to do it."

He stood up proudly with a puffed-out chest. "It will be my pleasure." He said and added a respectful bow. He spat on his paws and slapped them against each other a few times before pulling a band from my right arm slowly. I raised an eyebrow at his pace.

"What's wrong, grandma?" I taunted.

He flashed an irritated glare my way. "I don't want to hurt your fragile little body, which is, compared to my rock-hard structure, paper-maché." He always had an answer for everything! I rolled my eyes at his arrogance.

"Keep telling yourself that, maybe you will trick your small brain into believing all your little lies one day."

He shrugged. "Jealousy is an ugly colour on you."

"The only thing I am jealous of you is your ability to crawl into small spaces and hide while I get all the action and actually have to fight." I replied sarcastically.

He inhaled sharply. "That was only one time! And it wasn't even a real battle! His Brilliantness planned the whole drill!" He defended.

"But you didn't even know it was fake, Drogo-ula!" I interjected and smiled at my little nickname for him.

"It's called acting, maybe you have heard about it?" He retorted.

"Oh sure." I rolled my eyes. "Shaking like a palm tree in a tornado requires real talent!"

"The truth will set you free, brother."

I laughed. "Whatever!" He was impossible to reason with!

He managed to wiggle the first band off but tumbled into the dirt with the band as a result. A massive crater formed under his small body. He rose slowly. "How much do you have on?" He yelled.

"Just 500 tons. Each." I shrugged. "No biggie."

His mouth fell agape and laughed nervously. "I think you can handle the rest big boy." He said while patting my back.

I laughed. "Don't mind if I do. You take forever. I will hit puberty before you are finished." I mocked and removed the bands in three swift movements. It felt like I weighed nothing. Drogo threw his hands up in the air in defeat.