References

Finally after about a year I have decided to re-read this book and go through and list the References. Here goes nothing!

References:

"Finally!" Felix yelled. He picked up and the smile was wiped off of his face like grime off of a window. "What do you want Aaron?" - Chapter 1 - References Sheldon Cooper's "What do you want Howard?" line from The big Bang Theory.

"That better not be Ozzie again calling to ask what the Wordle is today." - Chapter 1 - Referencing the popular (At the time) game Wordle

"3 storms had hit which made the ceiling in the kitchen collapse." - Chapter 1 - References 3 Legitimate storms that had hit the UK from 2020-2022.

Jax Sighed "Phone season. Classic." - Chapter 1 - References the mad dash for a new phone in the new iPhone season.

"Joshua? This better not be a prank call." Said Jax. - Chapter 1 - References Joshua from Wargames.

"Ok, so there was this time where I decided to lie to everyone in preschool and everybody believed it. After that day I thought 'Wow I could tell anyone anything I want and they'll believe it.' So I started telling everyone I owned expensive cars, a horse and a big mansion. That is how I became super popular." Said Anne. - Chapter 1 - It references something, but I can't remember what it was. I believe it was a time where Penny from The Big Bang Theory was saying something to Leonard. I'm not sure though.

 "The only good film here is City Of Ember." - Chapter 1 - References the 2008 movie, City of Ember.

They followed a corridor into a massive room with a swimming pool that looked like it hadn't been used in years - Chapter 2 - References the abandoned Sunsplash Pool in Butlins, Minehead.

"D-dragonflies.." Hugo said nervously. - Chapter 3 - References a line that Grandma Georgina said in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

"Where are we?" Asked Ben. "When are we?" Asked Mike. - Chapter 3 - References a line from Strange Hill High.

"Is this like some sort of bank?" Asked Mike. - Chapter 4 - References Beacon Hills Bank from Teen Wolf.

"Hills" It read. - Chapter 4 - References Beacon Hills from Teen Wolf

"Watch it!" Yelled a man with black hair and glasses. - References one of the Teachers from Teen Wolf.

Mitch - Chapters 4 to 14 - References Stiles from Teen Wolf  (This entire chapter aswell as part of Chapter 5 is based in the Teen Wolf universe)

"If hurricane Katrina hadn't hit it, it would've gone to shambles. Luckily, that's what brought the state together." Said Jack. - Chapter 4 - references Hurricane Katrina.

"Hi, I'm Scott. I know a lot about all of this supernatural phenomena that's going on." Said Scott. - Chapter 5 - Referencing Scott from Teen Wolf.

"You're saying we ask Peter about this?" Asked Scott. - Chapter 5 - Referencing Peter from Teen Wolf.

"No, I'd say ask Alan." Replied Mitch. - Chapter 5 - Referencing Alan from Teen Wolf.

When they all got through, they saw that they were in what looked like a Roman city. - Chapter 6 - References the city of Adastra.

"Are you new here or did you just get hit with a Neuralizer?" - Chapter 6 - References Neuralisers from Men in Black.

Marc - Chapter 7 & 8 - References Marco from Adastra

Amias - Chapter 7 & 8 - References Amicus from Adastra

Tristan - Chapter 7 & 8 - References Cassius from Adastra

Com - Chapter 7 & 8 - References Com from Adastra

"We could always kill him." Suggested Scott. - Chapter 7 - References Sheldon Cooper wanting to kill Leonard's High School bully.

The posh Hotel & its characters - Chapter 10 - References an Episode from A series of Unfortunate Events

The futuristic City - Chapter 10 - References Aleerio City from Ratchet and Clank

The Robot - Chapter 11 - referencing Clank

Jax quickly moved the steering wheel to the left, nearly hitting a large Television screen. - Chapter 11 - referencing the part of the Futurama title sequence where the ship crashes into the Television.

"It has ears as big as a Spatula! It also had a giant hammer!" Gladys shrieked. - Chapter 11 - Referencing Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank

The 8 Creatures - Chapter 11 - Referencing the Space League thing from Ratchet and Clank

The Forest and its characters - Chapter 13 & 14 - References Alpha and Omega

The Artificial City - Chapter 14 - Referencing City of Ember

"Is this some weird Truman Show thing?" Jack asked. - Chapter 14 - References the Truman Show.

Gladys yelled, grabbing a security camera and dropping it into a water heater. - Chapter 14 - One of the speculated ways that the fire at the Aardman warehouse started (That a CCTV camera fell into a water heater and caught fire)

-------------------------

And that's it! Coming to a total of 35 References (Yes, really!) I don't think I will ever be doing that many again. I might as well go to hell and be eaten by bats created by a giant fire-breathing hellhound.

Make that 36 References...