14| Taking care of Mr. Rajvansh

Start from the beginning

She grabbed a piece of cloth, soaked it in the cold water and kept the cloth on his forehead. After a few minutes she changed the sides of the cloth.

"Bhabhi, the medicines" Adhrith handed the medicines to her. She thanked him and kept the paracetamol and antibiotics aside.

Sanskriti brought the porridge, and checked Rudra's temperature, it was still high but the wet cloth had subsided it a bit.

"Rudra get up and eat the khichdi so that you can have the medicines" Amaya held his arms and tried pulling him up, tried being the key word.

"I don't feel like eating Amaya please let me sleep" he whined in a hoarse voice and covered his face with the blanket.

"Rudra don't be a child even Krishi did not show so much tantrums as you" She deadpanned in a stern voice, "He can't even talk Amaya, how would he show tantrums?" Amaya rolled her eyes at this manchild, Arpita chuckled at her son's and daughter in law's banter internally and scolded Rudra in a stern voice "Rudra, get up and eat your food" Rudra groaned, who would dare to defy their mother and face her wrath?

He sat on the bed with the help of the headboard "I'll brush my teeth first, Adhrith help me"

After brushing his teeth, Rudra sat on the bed with the support of the headboard, now the only person present inside the room was Amaya.

She forwarded a spoonful of porridge, he opened his mouth and ate it.

"How did you catch fever?" She asked, her voice was stern, he could feel she was mad.

"Since a few days I had a sore throat and last night my head was aching, I thought it was due to lack of sleep and would subside but-

"And you did not tell anyone about this?"

"I didn't want to worry anyone for these petty issues, I'm sorry" Her eyes softened at his apology, now how could she still stay mad at him?

She again forwarded a spoonful of porridge and he ate it "Did you have your breakfast?"  He asked.

"No, but I'll eat after making sure you are fine, and don't even think to make me eat this khichdi, I know these tricks very well" He stared at her with droopy eyes and smiled.

After the porridge was finished, she gave him the medicines which he gulped without showing any tantrums.

"Now cover yourself with this blanket and sleep, dare you get up from the bed" She warned him sternly and proceeded to move out of the room.

"Where is Kri-

" He is with mom,he won't be around you till you recover, otherwise he might catch fever" He nodded but she surely should stop cutting him off everytime, no one has ever cut him mid sentenced but her.

***

It was 10 in the night, and sleep was far away from Amaya's eyes. Rudra was currently sleeping on the bed, his fever had subsided now.

He did not wakeup for the dinner even after her trying a lot so she let him be.

She thought to watch a movie or a web series.

To be on the safer side, Arpita had taken Krish with her to sleep.

"What are you doing?" Amaya shivered at the husky voice, Rudra was staring at her with droopy eyes.

"You're up? How are you feeling?" She walked to him and checked his temperature, the fever was down.

"I'm feeling good, just a little bit hungry"

"Wait I'll bring some khich—

" NO" He shouted after cutting her off in the middle.

"What happened?" She gasped keeping her hand on her chest.

"I don't want to eat khichdi" He made a face that said he would die before having that food

"Then?" She asked "I want to eat maggi, chilli maggi to be precise" He smiled cheekily at her.

"But you have just re—

"Please Amaya, just once" He pleaded and she found herself melting.

She prepared chilli maggi and found him setting up the place for them to watch movie, "what are you doing Rudra, were not you supposed to rest?"  

"I have been resting all day Amaya, ab toh badan bhi dukhne laga hai so soke" Amaya shook her head at him and sat beside him. He covered both of them with a blanket and switched on the movie.

(My body has start to pain due to excess sleeping)

He forwarded a forkful of the maggi in front of her mouth and said "Eat" before she could get a chance to deny. Then he himself ate and the flavors burst into his tastebuds, she surely was a good cook.

The movie started, he fed her one bite then another to himself. Once the maggi was finished he kept the bowl aside moved closer to her. She kept her head on his shoulder causing him to look down at her. He stared at face with many emotions swirling in his eyes, he gulped causing his adam's apple to bobble and down and made her face him. Her attention was stolen by his throat that looked sexy.

His gaze dropped to her lips then he again stared at her eyes, she inhaled a sharp breath and closed her eyes, taking it as his cue he moved his face closer, gradually closing the gap.

Hey guys!

The weather is getting hot, yeah?

Sorry for not updating last night, actually I had my practical exam of physical education yesterday, and after coming home the cramps were killing me.

Anyways, thank you so much for reading the chapter, do vote and share your views, I love all your comments a lot ❤️🥺