𝗘𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

Note: I miss this book so much, I wanted to start a new story about them... but it's only a maybe for now.

Amanda's Point of View

"Are you feeling okay, love?" John asked me as he caressed my face.

I softly cried out on his neck, John calm me down. Pulling me closer, letting me express my feelings.

"I-I'm not, John... The warehouse- someone burned it" I said as I looked for a reaction on his face but didn't found anything.

He doesn't say a word, he didn't look upset nor angry...

"Oh- that's okay, what matters the most is your safety, Amanda" he said and I hold on his hand.

Squeezing it softly as I tried to breathe, I felt like I was suffocating and he made me feel relaxed.

"What do you mean it's okay? it's your life's work, John... I'm just a person whom become-" he stopped me as he continued.

"The person whom become my love and it's you- forget what happened there.. it's never been important..." he said as he ran a hand on my back, soothing me out.

"But, John-" I said as he softly looked straight into my eyes, his blue eyes were watching me.

"Look at me, darling... that warehouse- I could always find a new place to start over again but love? it couldn't ever be found anywhere- it's rare to find and I'm sure that I will never find someone like you" he explained and he give me a kiss on my lips.

I looked at him in a lovely way, as he finally start the engine. John rest his hand on my thigh, as we finally got away.

I smiled when I saw the ring on my finger, I could never contain my joy and excitement. John was focused on the rood ahead of us.

It's been late and since the only place that's near here was the warehouse and our original home was too far away. John had decided that we could stay at the hotel for the night.

John was careful, he made me book a room as he wait outside the parking lot. Once it's all done, I went back to call for him.

He was having a coffee while looking at the children playing near him, they were having fun and John just watched them. His eyes were surprised when one of the children asked him to play with them.

I saw John put his coffee down the bench as he went to play with the children. They passed him the ball and John accept it with a smile.

John passed the ball while the other children tried to catch it. He was so gentle playing with the children, he didn't make fun of them.

I continued to watch as I approached them, the children were laughing as one of them sees me. This little girl went to me to ask for her to be pick up.

I quickly picked her up, gently rubbing her hair as she smiled at me.

"What's your name?" she said in a cheerful tone.

"My name is Amanda, what's yours?" I asked softly as John came up to me.

"I'm Nathalie" she said and I just held her closer.

"Should we go now?" John asked as he took the little girl from me.

I saw how gentle he was, he has a soft spot for children like me and I wonder why I didn't know that at the first place. He didn't talk much about his ex-wife Jill, and now she's gone... probably in a better place now.

John pat the head of the sweet little girl before letting her go. The children had already been gone, far from us... playing with each other.

We watched them one last time before we finally went inside the building. John carried our stuff as we went straight towards our room.

Clean, Cozy and Cold...

I walked on the carpet as I looked outside the window, seeing the civilization and the other people who's busy with their own life.

"How about some tea? I could order something for you.." John said when he noticed how quiet am I.

"Could we? John?" I asked unable to find the right words.

He already told me that he lost a baby with his ex-wife and it had cause him pain that leads to depression.

"Could we what, Amanda?" John's face soften as he approached me.

Caressing my face as he kissed me, it had calmed me for awhile.

"Have our own children?" I continued as he looked at me, holding my hand.

"Sure... I would love that- but not now..." he said and I felt worse.

John's face turned worried when he noticed how upset am I.

"No- no..you got it wrong, darling... it's just I'm afraid of losing it again... but I could try for you, just give me some time" John's voice broke as he hugged me tightly.

John starts kissing me, feeling how much he wants me. I felt relief when he whispered while caressing my back.

"I love you- and I won't stop showing you that" he said as he smiled at me, kissing my cheeks, my neck, down to my collarbone that I can't help but to moan.

- A year had already past when John kept his promise...

We move in to another place for awhile, John have been always protective to me. He made me the happiest woman in the world and he had complete my life.

John married me and were officially husband and wife. It takes a lot of courage for him to reveal the worse thing that he have gone through.

He was always honest, putting my needs first before himself. I take care of him when he have gone through sickness, he always did the same thing to me.

"Are you ready love? for a new legacy?" he asked me as he put the mask on.

John decided to continue testing the will of people, to keep them from doing something that they will regret later. But he changed like a lot, since he's already a family man.

Love, Patience and Understanding is the key to a happy life...