23•"Iris, Can we meet and talk?"

Start from the beginning

I said, nervously. My heart beat was still fast. I was somehow fearing that he will hear it. Hearing me he lifted his face and looked staight in my eyes. I saw his eyes darker than usual. He sighed and grasped my hand in his hold.

"Come, let's get inside. I have something important to talk."

He said and nodding I wondered about whom he wants to talk. Is it about Athena ?

Thinking all this I went In, like always he lead me toward his chair and made me sit On it. He stood in front of me, his back pressed on the table. I felt intimidated all of sudden.

What made it more worse was him looking at me continuously, like memorizing my face.

I bite my lips when I felt blood rush to my cheeks. I waited for him to say something but he never did. After sometime I cleared my throat to gain his attention.

All of sudden he chuckled, and raised his hand. Taking a stand of my hair he rolled it around his fingers. My all attention was on his act when he started talking.

"I have to leave for Milan today."

My head snapped at him. I frown. Leave? To Milan?

"I have to see a plot for my next company building and get it registered too. Everything is almost done. They just need the last approval from me. "

Why he is telling me?

"So, yeah I'll be leaving in few hours. And will be probably back till tomorrow evening. Is it okay?"

I heard him patiently and then nodded. What does his little trip has to do with me?

"Words kitten!"

I cleared my throat and muttered a 'yes'. Hearing me I thought he will let go of me but unexpectedly he took both my hand in his big ones. I gulp my saliva when I felt him leaning down toward my face.

His other free hand cupped My face, his eyes on me with a soft look as if he was almost a different person. Lifting my face a little he made me look directly in his eyes.

As soon as my eyes met his black one. I froze. They were showing too much. Too much of his feeling which was unlike him. They held uncertainty, fear, longing and many more. It was almost like he wanted me to say something. But when I didn't he let out a chuckle which wasn't humorous at all.

"I don't want to leave you here, alone but I don't have other options. I don't want to take any risk with your security."

He muttered, his voice heavy, more throaty. Hearing him I felt my surroundings getting dim. My eyes only on him. What amused me more was the emotion swirling in his eyes.

His hold on my hand tighten making my breath hitched, he out of nowhere made me stand up. I stood with a jerk and before I can think of anything. I was in a warm hug.

My hand In air because of the shock. But his were dangling on my waist. His hold was little tight but not too much. His chin resting on my head because of the height differences.

His hug was sudden but I felt safe. I felt warm in his arms. I slowly let go of my hand and rounded it around his waist too. My eyes automatically closed. A lazy smile came to my lips feeling the hug.

We stayed Like this for few minutes., without uttering a single word. The only thing we heard was the clock ticking, indicating he will leave soon.

At that moment, it hit me. He will leave. For 2 freaking day! That means he will not be there in morning to fill my plate again and again? That means he will not be there to take me to office? That means we will not have our little coffee moment? That means I'll not see him for 2 days?