59 - limbrey

✧ ✧

✧ ✧

"Guys, the thing that limbrey said, I don't think she mean to let it slip. She said the key leads to the Cross of Santo Domingo" Pope says, a confused look etched across his face. "Wait can I see that." JJ reaches across me to grab the key, examining it.

"Are we supposed to know what that is?" Sarah asks, "I'm guessing it's some sort of historical artifact of great importance." Pope blinks, still confused as I see Kiara pull out her phone and look up the cross.

"Well, according to the interwebs, it was a gift from New spain to the spainish king?" JJ starts to open his mouth anf I already know what he's going to say so I beat him to it. "No Jay there is not an old spain." He looks at me through the review mirror, defeated. I know this idiot way too well.

"Shit, talk about over-gifting. Look at this thing." she turns the phone to show a huge cross basically the size of a person. "Jesus that thing is bigger than all of us!"

"So it's a giant ass cross." JJ purses his lips, matter-of-factly, stating the obvious. "It was widely considered at the time to be the most extravagant tribute ever from the provinces. It was lost off the coast of Bermuda in 1829." Shit not a another treasure hunt.

"Did you just say Bermuda?" JJ looks back, making eye contact with me and I shrug. "Oh, no. Not the triangle." John be says, sarcasm thick in his voice. "It always leads back to the triangle, dude. Like every single time something's weird, it's Bermuda." he hit john B in the shoulder, all excited.

"Okay well what does a key found above your mee-maw's pharmacy have to do with any of this?" I ask and Sarah nods. "where do we come in?" Kiara asks and it's silent for a second.

"I don't know. that's a good question." pope trails off, still thinking while fingering the key. Once we get the old folks home JJ and I jump out, Pope following behind but before we can get any further he stops us.

"hey, um actually, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself." I glance at JJ and then back to Pope. "are you sure?"

"yeah I can handle it, I don't really need you guys, so..." he looks directly at Kiara and I can tell it bothered her.

"Oh, we're just all one big happy family today, aren't we?" JJ slings his arm around my shoulder as Pope turns away, annoyed by Jay's words.

"Don't take it personally, he's just being a dick." I send a look to kie as we climb back into the twinkie. We drive to some shops nearby and Kie, Sar and I jump out, deciding to get something to drink.

"fuck I'm low key starving." I look around the shelves, my eyes falling upon a bag of hot Cheetos. Immediately I grab them feeling myself salivate. "you are disgusting li," Sarah's nose crinkles in disgust as I pull the bag open.

"we should be lucky that I can keep anything down right now. two weeks ago the thought of food made me gag. this is a godsend." I hold the bag like it's my holy grail as we go check out and stand outside.