CHAPTER | 012 | HER PAST, HER FUTURE

Start from the beginning

"What's your name?" Stephanie asks.

The little girl replied, "Mita."

Stephanie went on to question her about the bunny. "And who's this?"

The girl gave them a toothy grin, "Bun-Bun." She replied as Stephanie and Ibunkuayo gave her a warm smile. "Well, I think Bun-Bun looks very dashing with his bow. You have a good eye." Stephanie compliments Mita touching Bun-Bun's bow.

The little girl replied. "Thank you." She beams, seeming delighted.

The girl's mother lights up, proud. But Ibunkuayo thinks the mother wants their attention, but she hid it anyway. It's never right to judge a book by its cover. But with some exceptions of some books, whose cover seems to be obvious.

The jeweler approaches them, "Ms Ajirotutu and Ms Wellington, right this way." He gestures to a private room being prepared for the two women.

"It's very nice to meet you both." Ibunkuayo says and walks away, while Stephanie rubs the little girl's cheek before standing up to follow the jeweler into the room.

The patrons watch Stephanie and Ibunkuayo and The Jeweler disappear through a hallway into a restricted area and then into a private room reserved for elites.

An assistant brings Stephanie and Ibunkuayo tea in a tiny antique cup, whilst they surveyed a stunning collection of over top jewelry. Ranging from pearl, to different gems, precious stones. All were displayed to attract viewers as they were decorated exquisitely.

Ibunkuayo seemed uninstrested in the collections, she surveys different cases, and her eyes landed on a tiny braclet that catches her eyes.

"These are all brand new from Antwerp. You're the first person I've shown them to." The jeweler explains,

Stephanie is unimpressed as well, the collections were fine but she liking them. Suddenly she sees in another display case an understated pair of pearl drop earrings in a show glass. She looks at them sipping her tea, intrigued.

"What are those?" She asks, dropping the tea cup on saucer gently.

The Jeweler smiles, approving of Stephanie's taste. He signals his assistant takes the earrings out so she can get a closer look.

"Those. Those are very special. Burmese pearl drop earrings. Set with emeralds, and rare pigeonblood-red rubies. They were worn by Queen Supayalat at her self anointed coronation in 1878." Jeweler explained as his assistant brings the earrings to Stephanie.

She picks them up to look closer, intrigued.

"How much?" Stephanie asks.

"Having you wear one of my pieces is better publicity than I can buy. I'll let them go at cost." He pauses for a moment, "One point two million." Stephanie gives a subtle nod. Loving the piece she just acquired. She noticed Ibunkuayo looking at the a bracelet, interested but has a hint of a doubt whether to buy it or not.

"Would you like me to get that bracelet for you Ms Ajirotutu?" The jeweler asks, Ibunkuayo tore her gaze and looked back at him. She gives him a subtle nod as the jeweler signals his assistant to pack up the gems exquisitely. Both women plan to go shopping for a new Fendi collection at it's nearby store.

Stephanie had already paid for her item, so it was Ibunkuayo's turn, she fished out her back card and gave it to the jeweler. Also she picked another piece of earrings in the shape of a sea shell, an ancient piece from a royal family in Thailand, decorated with some diamonds and emerald green stones with a little bit of gold, it also came with a necklace and two bracelets, worth two million.