Castle of Bridezillas

Start from the beginning

"What did you say?" Claire hisses and the once giggling girls went quiet.

"Oh! I am so sorry." She says and shakes her head with a slight laugh. "That's not a horse, that's an ass." Her eyes cut into a glare and the room is once again silent. This time, no one dares to breath as Claire and Reena stare at one another.

"Good evening ladies!" All head turn to see Sebastian smiling at the front. "Please, find a seat at a table, breakfast is going to be served shortly." The girls rush to find chairs by people they have already spoken to. I find a table with only a few girls sitting and go to sit there. Reaching for the chair a short and plump girl yanks the chair away and gives me a wicked snarl. "Dogs aren't allowed at the table." The other girls laugh and I pull my hand back and search for a different table. All the sudden, an arm links to mine and I look at Reena's bright smile.

"You can sit with me!" She cheers pulling me along with her to a table in the back corner. We pass by a few tables, people whisper as we go. We sit down and a young boy walks up quickly and quietly pouring water into glasses. As soon as he is gone she leans into the table peering at me. "Okay, I heard a rumor, can you really talk?" Her eyes are huge as I slowly nod.

"Yes, I can talk." Her face beams and she slaps the table, causing me to jump slightly.

"Well I be darned!" She says and lets out a hearty laugh as she takes her water and drinks. "Is that something. I heard rumors 'bout you my whole life! Momma always said 'bless her heart' or 'poor thing' 'cause your mama left ya." Her eyes narrow and she scoots her chair up. "So, did you really kill a wolf with your pair hands?"

"Uh... no." I say and she gives me a frown as she drinks and looks out over the crowd. "Are you sure you want to hang out with me?" I ask as she tilts her head in consideration. "They aren't wrong, hanging out with me will make you... dirty, for lack of better words."

"You know what you remind me of." She says as she waves off the boy who came to fill her water. "You remind me of a little chicken. One that is trying to get out of their shell. Pecking and scratching until you are plum worn out." She leans into her chair, the window behind her making her hair look like gold. "One of these days your gonna break out of that shell, while all the other chickens die inside and rot." She looks over the other girls who talk and laugh loudly, her eyes piercing, as if she was cutting them apart.

Our conversation dies after that. She sits like that, glaring across the room at each girl until food begins to be brought to each table. Soon, a plate with toast, eggs, potatoes, and various meats is in front of me. My mouth pools with water and I keep swallowing not sure why it keeps doing that. I grab the slice of toast and take a bite. I chew a bit and sigh at how fully and thick it is.

"Try this." Reena says as she pushes a small jar with a red substance inside. "Just slather it on top." Doing as she says, I use the tiny spoon in the jar to smear some of the substance onto the toast. I take a quick smell and it reminds me of the smell of the sweet berries from the forest I was always to weary to try. I take a small nibble and immediacy go in for a large bite. The salty taste of the bread mixes with the sweetness of the substance and my stomach lets out a loud growl. Reena lets out a laugh as she grabs an orange cube from a bowl with different colored cubes and round things. "It's strawberry jam." She says as she bites the orange cube and I nod.

I think Reena enjoyed watching me eat. With each object my eyes grew wider and wider, because I have never tasted something so good. My stomach would let out a loud rumble, and she would have me try something else. Soon, I feel slightly sick and Sebastian comes back up to the front of the room and begins to talk.

"Welcome ladies! As you all know, I am Sebastian and I am on the committee for the Marriage Process!" He exclaims and the girls in the room applaud as he smiles. "As you can plainly see, your potential husbands are not here at this moment." A wave of 'boo' and 'awww' ring out around the room, Reena sticks her tongue out while rolling her eyes. "Rest assured, you will get to meet them tonight!"

     Tonight? So soon? I don't think I can handle anymore meeting of people.

     "Before you can meet the men, you must first learn the rules of this process." Clearing his throat, he pulls unfolds a letter and begins ready. "The first rule, no violence will happen between any of the girls." I catch his eyes cut towards Reena. A snicker comes from Claire's table and Reena lets out a scoff. "The second rule, dates will be on a set schedule between each man, on set days. Special dates can happen, but it must be confirmed by the committee. The third rule, during these dates no funny business. I do not care what you've done before, but you will not do anything during this time." A small bit of grumbling comes from a few girls. "The fourth rule, to help ensure that no funny business occurs, your guards will be with you at all times, and a strict curfew will be enforced." He pauses and looks over everyone with eyes like stone. "The fifth and final rule, when the trials begin, and the final man stands before you, you will marry him." His voice, usually warm, is cold, causing the hairs on my arms and neck to rise with uneasiness. "It does not matter if he was your preference or not. Do you all understand?"

     He has everyone's attention. Some girls have wide eyes, almost like they are just now realizing what they are involved with, others simply nod. Reena, adverts her gaze and begins to chew on her bottom lip. She wears an expression I cannot quite figure out.

     After a bit of silence, Sebastian smiles and folds the paper up, placing it into his pocket. "Now! We are all done with the rules. It is strongly advised that each of you follow every single one of these rules." He takes a deep breath and the air feels less heavy than before. "Lunch will be brought to your rooms, after all, this is not only the first time you will meet the boys, but also the first time you will be introduced to the public eye!" He looks around the room, and I notice his eyes stop on me. "Remember, you are deserving of love." I must be crazy, he isn't staring at me is he? "Good luck to you all!" He cheers and a round of applause follows him as he departs from the room.

     The girls begin to stand and guards that were posted around the room move into the crowd. "Well," I look as Reena stands, dusting off her pale pink dress. "I guess I'll be seeing you tonight." She gives me a smile as two men come alongside her and she walks away.

     She is nice. Maybe too nice? I'm not entirely sure if she means what she says or not, so I will just try to keep her a good distance away.

     Bronson and McQueen come up and I stand. "Did. You. Like. The. Po.ta.toes?" McQueen says and I give a small nod and he nods back. "I. Like. That. Type. Best."

     "I prefer the meat myself." Bronson says as we begin walking. "Meat makes you strong, like me." He says and I look at his large, bulky body. Well, he does seem strong.

     "He. Meant. Fat." McQueen says and a vein pops on Bronson's neck as he turns his head to glare at McQueen.

     A small little argument unfolds in front of me and I walk along, listening. Even though they are fighting, the tension in my shoulders is already melting away.

***
Thank you so much for reading!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did, please give it a vote, comment, and add it to your reading list for more updates! If you enjoy my writing style, just follow my account for future stories!

Thank you again and I will see you next time!