How strange. Their walking patterns are like their voices... the pointy one, McQueen, is very calculated whereas the square one, Bronson, is almost like a little dance.

We walk down a grand staircase. At the bottom more guards stand. 2 at the bottom of the staircase and 4 at a large door I assume is the doorway out of the castle. We turn to the right and begin walking down a large corridor. At the very end of the corridor, 2 guards stand in front of a closed door. From that door, voices, soft like whispers, echo out from the room. The voices are high, I assume the other girls in the season. My heart grows louder as the voices become closer with each step. They mesh together to play a terrible melody that fills my ears. Laughter erupts from the room and my throat feels like it has closed on me, restricting my breath.

Breath... just breath. We stop in front of the door, Bronson speaking to them, but I'm not sure of the actual words he said, because my heartbeat and the voices beyond the door are the only thing filling my head. The guards open the doors and I feel like my feet are too heavy to move. The room ahead grew slightly hushed and when I finally manage to step inside, it goes dead silent. I pull me heavy head up from starring at the floor to looking at the people in the room.

     Eyes. Eyes of all shape and size staring at me. Some narrow, some remain wide, and one pair has little crinkles on the edge, as if the person is smiling. All the sudden, as if the silent was water pushing hard against a weak plank of wood, hushed whispers break through.

     "Oh my gosh I almost threw up in my mouth."
     "Almost?! I totally did!"
    "Look at her knees! They look like my door knob!"
    "Her knees? Have you seen her face!"
     "No I'm too scared to look at it."
     "Yeah I bet they had to replace her mirror as soon as she looked into it!"

     The words surround me, and I can feel myself sinking further and further into the dress. I have heard the whispers all my life, but never so many at once. I have never been trapped in a room full of hot breath whispering. I try to move but it feels as if I'm frozen in place.

      "You're different than I thought you'd be." This voice what thick, thick and sweet sounding with a strange drawl to it. In front of me, slightly to the right is a tall girl with intricately braided blond hair. Her eyes, a deep golden amber, shine as she wrinkles her nose stepping closer. "Everybody says your ugly, but I don't think you're that bad." She paces around me before stopping in front and nodding. "Too thin though." Little wisps of hair framing her face bounces as she nods some more.

     "Well of course she doesn't look that bad." A cool voice calls out and a hush falls over the group. The click of heels echo in now quiet room and a face emerges. Claire Bellacourt, the seasons number one girl. Her brown hair has be lightened with streaks of blond and it sitting atop of her head as if the shoved something up there to make it stand up that tall. Her dress is a bright white with an off the shoulder sleeve and hugged her body as if it were painted on. "She has the best makeup team to make her look good." She gives me a scowl as she turns her attention to the bubbly blond beside me. "Reena, as the number two girl, you ought not to hang out with the pigs from your farm."

Laughter and giggles fill the room and Claire's lips purse into a smile. Reena looks at her for a brief moment before turning to me. "Your dress is lovely! I would even say it's the best one here. That, of course makes sense, since you have Charles Bridger as your designer. I would die if he made my clothes."

"Reena, did you hear me? Hanging out with her is going to ruin your reputation." Claire snaps as Reena tilts her head.

"Juniper right?" I nod and glance towards a read faced Claire. "It's so strange I think I hear a horse." She mutters and looks towards Claire.