1.05- Big man on Berk

Start from the beginning

Hiccup began gently running his fingers through Freyr's hair as he spoke. "What did Gothi tell you?"

"Well, I was right." Freyr commented lightly. "I'm not human. Only bad thing is that if I know exactly what I am, the abilities I currently have will get stronger along with some other ones being added as my powers grow."

"And you're scared it'll get out of control." Hiccup guessed.

Freyr just nodded, moving to nestle further into Hiccup's chest.

"Do you want to know?" Hiccup asked.

Freyr sighed as he sat up so they could talk. "I mean, yeah. I really want to know, it's what I am. And I have this weird feeling that if I never accept my full powers, I'll never be able to control it. But, Gothi said my powers are supposed to be the strongest of my kind's, so what if I can never control it? What if it becomes too much? If I accept my powers, and I can't control them, what happens to the people around me? I could hurt someone."

Hiccup raised his hands to cup Freyr's face and caressed his face with his thumbs. "Freyr, you are the strongest person I know, and if this is something that you want, you don't have to do it alone. I'll be right beside you every step of the way."

Hailstorm chirped happily as if to say 'me too.'

"Thank you." Freyr leaned in and kissed Hiccup softly. "Really." He leaned down and kissed Hailstorm's head as well. Freyr sighed contently as he leaned back into Hiccup's chest. "You have to go get Fishlegs back, don't you?"

"Sadly, I do." Hiccup kissed Freyr's head before moving to stand up. Before he turned fully to leave, he leaned back down and brought Freyr into another kiss. "As soon as you need me, I'll be there."

Freyr just smiled at him, letting him walk out the door to go get their friend back.

Looking down at Hailstorm, Freyr made up his mind. "What do you say we find out the truth?"

Freyr sat on the floor in front of Gothi with his head bowed and eyes closed as she hovered her hands above his head. She then reached over and grabbed a stick, since her staff was broken, and started scratching into the sand between the pair.
"When you arrived on my doorstep, it was the night before the worst storm Berk had ever seen. All you were left with was the basket you were in, and a letter. The letter spoke of a man who was hunting your kind, a man who sought your life- either to join him, or he would end it. You were meant to be the best of your kind, the strongest, the one that would save your kind from his wrath. But to do that, you needed to be kept safe and out of his reach."

With gentle hands, Gothi caressed her son's cheek.
"You are my blessing, my light in the storm. And I promised I would do everything to keep you safe. But sometimes, keeping you safe means giving you the power to protect yourself. Are you sure this is what you want, there is no going back."

"I'm sure. This is something that I need, and I know I have you and Hiccup to help me through it."

Gothi smiled warmly down at him before continuing.
"The rune on your wrist is a Fey symbol of protection, the same one from the basket you came to me in. Your ears are pointed so you may know who is friend or foe, so you may hear the wonders of the world and never miss a thing. Your hair displays the pride of your people, the bright red showing your burning strength and determination. But the most important thing is your heart, with which you may feel the emotions of others and project prosperity for those around you. With that, my son, I tell you that you were proclaimed the Elven Sentinel- the highest rank of elf, even above a king and seen as an equal to the gods upon reaching their full strength and potential."