How to heal a viking

It was a cold night on Berk. Every Viking was inside as the snow littered the village in white.
This included the village healer, who had boarded up the windows and doors for the expectant storm.

This is until a cry sounded out in the night, waking the elder and forcing her to check the door.
Surprise filled her face when she was met with a small baby, babbling softly while looking around with curious eyes.

Without a second thought, Gothi took the young boy under her wing and taught him everything she knew. By the time Freyr was ten, he was able to help her in everything from minor scrapes to amputations.

Freyr grew up to care more about others than himself. This is to no one's fault but he just cares more about those around him than himself.
This led to him not aiding heavily in the dragon raids, only providing medicinal support for those who needed it. He believed every life deserves a chance, not to be decided based on the actions of the race as a whole.

No one knew of this mentality that he held besides Gothi, but she supported him wholeheartedly.
But everyone could tell he was different from the rest of them and he was isolated but still respected. He spent all of his time aiding Gothi and caring for hurt Vikings. When he wasn't doing that, he tended to hike up the nearby mountains to gather harder to find herbs that they needed. Gothi understood instantly every time when he would come say his goodbyes before leaving for the weekend. He didn't tend to take trips longer than three days, but every time he would make it higher up the mountain than the last. It became a sort of challenge he set for himself, seeing how far he could go in two days before coming back the third.

But all of that was wishful thinking at the moment. Freyr currently was kneeling beside a Viking with a burn from the active dragon raid going on a round them. He made sure to be as gentle, but as fast, as he could before running to the next Viking.
He looked up as a crash sounded from the other side of the village center, watching as a disk of fire released the trapped dragons who flew away with almost half of the sheep and fish that had been collected for the upcoming winter.

Everyone stood in silence, staring at Hiccup who sheepishly turned to the chief.
"Sorry, dad." They all watched as the sun started to rise, better showing their food being flown away. "Ok, but I hit a night fury." Hiccup yelped when Stoick lifted by the back of his shirt and started to march him home, Hiccup complaining the whole time. "It's not like the last few times, Dad! I really, actually hit it! You guys were busy. I had a clear shot. It went down off Raven Point. Let's get a search party out there before-"

"Stop! Just stop," Stoick interrupted. "Every time you step outside, disaster follows. Can you not see that I have bigger problems? Winter is almost here and I have an entire village to feed!"

"Between you and me, the village could do with a little less feeding, don't you think?"
Freyr glared at hiccup slightly for the joke, not liking how he was insinuating everyone should go hungry during the winter, when the last time they didn't have enough food during winter, everyone kept getting sick.

Not wanting to hear the rest, but probably knowing it by heart at this point, Freyr just gathered the things he had gotten out from his healer's pouch and headed back to his and Gothi's hut. Anyone else that needed help would come up soon anyways and he had treated the worse burns and cuts already.

Training was the next day so Freyr spent the day helping Gothi with stocking up on ointments and creams before rolling bandages.
The two had an early dinner and bed, ready but not quite excited for the next day.

How to train your dragonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें