1.05- Big man on Berk

Start from the beginning

Snotlout rushed forwards in protest, "Now, now, now, hang on a second. We've got an opportunity here. We can rebuild Fish-face. We can turn him into a worshiped Viking, a fearless godlike hero as strong as three yaks! A Viking who commands attention! In other words, a Viking worthy of my friendship."

Freyr tried to stop the others and get their attention, but since they had moved so they were behind Fishlegs, they hadn't noticed him get up and instead continued their conversation.

"Uh, yeah, sorry, Snotlout, we're not doing any of that." Hiccup interjected. " You can bring him out of it now." He told Gothi.

Gothi made her way in front of Fishlegs and snapped her fingers, not noticing that Freyr was trying to stop her until after she had done so.

"This is going to end terribly." Freyr muttered.

Fishlegs stood heavily, cracking his joints and flexing his hands.

"Fishlegs?" Hiccup asked, confused at how his friend was behaving.

In a haughty accent, Fishlegs replied, "Fishlegs? There's no Fishlegs here." He barged in between Hiccup and Snotlout, shoving the two aside as he made his way to stand beside Meatlug, who was happily waiting for her Viking. "Who is this pudgy little reptile?" He insulted, looking down upon his dragon.

"Well, that was a bit harsh." Gobber interjected.

"Fishlegs, are you alright?" Hiccup asked, still not understanding what had happened.

"Are you deaf, skinny, one-legged boy?" Fishlegs shouted at him, snatching Gothi's staff from her hands as he spoke. "The name's Bonecrusher." He held Gothi's staff above his head and snapped it in half, throwing the pieces off the edge of the balcony. "Aah! Thor Bonecrusher."

With an angered glare on his face, Freyr let out a series of whistles. Hailstorm launched off the balcony and retrieved the falling staff fragments as Toothless let out a warning growl towards 'Thor', Freyr himself storming towards the Viking and cornering him with his back to the edge. "You just made a big mistake." Freyr threatened, shoving 'Thor' harshly and letting him fall off the balcony with a shriek before being caught in Hailstorm's awaiting claws.

As 'Thor' was dropped harshly back onto the deck, the last thing he saw of Freyr was his back as the healer stormed away and slammed the door to his room loudly behind him. Hailstorm shot a burst of freezing air into 'Thor's' face before trudging after his Viking, using the window to enter the room easily.

Hiccup watched Freyr's door in concern for a moment before turning to the others, with a silent promise to talk with Freyr once he got everything handled for the moment.

Freyr curled up on his bed, his head in his hands as he tried to control his emotions. Hailstorm came over and gently curled around his healer, urging him to lay down and laying on his chest once he had.
"Thank you, sweetheart." Freyr ran his hands through Hailstorm's fur gently, calming down by the second. "You always know how to make me feel better."

With a gentle chirp, Hailstorm gestured towards the door a few minutes later, announcing Hiccup who had just approached the other side. "I know, I can hear him." Freyr leaned over and kissed Hailstorm's head before sitting up and letting the dragon nestle into his lap. "Come on in, Hiccup." Freyr called out.

Hiccup wasn't even surprised by the invitation, used to Freyr hearing him outside the room or Hailstorm alerting him to someone's presence if the healer was distracted with something.
"You doing okay?" Hiccup asked, moving to sit beside him and reaching over to hold his hand which wasn't petting Hailstorm.

"Just overwhelmed I think." Freyr leaned over and laid his head in the crook of Hiccup's neck, smiling as the other Viking readjusted to wrap his arm around him.