Just Us (2/2) || 04

"jimin?" taehyung's voice wakes the eldest up. jimin's eyes flutter open, frowning at the brightness he's met with instantly.

there's taehyung holding their younger sister in his arms, who looks cranky and unhappy with something. jimin sighs softly, glancing to his side where jungkook is still sleeping, hugging one of his pillows. "what happened?" jimin mumbles softly, almost inaudible as he sits up. lily quickly moves in taehyung's arms, leaning down to go to jimin instead.

"oppa..."

"yes, baby? what's wrong?" he makes her sit properly on his lap, which is when his hand feel the cold bottom of her shorts, making him sigh as he glances at taehyung, "you didn't tell her to use the bathroom?"

"i forgot," taehyung admits, "she wanted you to change her,"

jimin nods subtly, getting up with lily and taehyung takes his place, sitting on the bed beside jungkook. the shifts slowly, catching the elders' worried eyes for they still feared jungkook's tears and his heartbreaking cries always hurting them because no matter what anyone said, jungkook is still and always will be their little brother. the boy opens his eyes slowly, hand moving to his head with a groan leaving his thin lips, letting the hyungs know that it's probably a headache from crying so much last night.

"oppa!" lily whines, moving in jimin's arms, breaking into a sob as her pants are still cold and wet, all thanks to taehyung not reminding her to go pee before falling asleep. 

jungkook looks at her, then at jimin and taehyung, sighing softly, "hyung," he hushes out, rubbing his eyes and sits up to face them, "i had a bad dream..."

this is what jimin feared. that jungkook might think of all from last night as a nightmare and will probably have to go through the shaking truth all over again. he stares at the boy with a soft gaze and so does taehyung, wrapping his arm around jungkook, "it wasn't a dream," he whispers, telling himself the same as jungkook and closes his eyes, "it was true. mom's gone,"

jimin releases a soft breath, looking away and goes to the bathroom, crouching down as he stands lily on her feet, getting to the work of changing her into some clean, dry clothes. lily stares at jimin quietly, frowning when she notices that his eyes hold tears and his lips aren't smiling as usual or talking to her. she steps closer to him, touching his cheek with her hand gently, asking in a soft voice and head tilted in confusion, "chiminie oppa, why' you sad?"

"nothing," jimin tries to shrug it off, wiping the water from her legs, smiling at her as she lifts it up to help him, "i couldn't sleep at night. so now i have a headache,"

"oh, headache..." lily hums, being as understanding as possible and gives jimin a hug, "you should tell me. i- i will come to oppa and we can cuddle and sleep together. so no head-ache for oppa,"

"right, i think lily should've hugged oppa last night," jimin nods, smiling softly at her although his eyes never let go of the glassy layer of pain. taking a deep breath to keep himself from crying, he pats lily's bottom playfully, holding her hand, "let's go get another pair of pants for you,"

"st'awberry pants!"

"alright, go bring it from your room," he says and lily's already running out to her room to fetch her favourite pajama pants.

jimin returns back to the room, where jungkook is laying hugging his pillow tightly, tears flowing from his eyes and taehyung's quietly rubbing his back. jimin sits near the brothers, stroking the youngest's hair, "hey, don't cry, kook. everything will be alright. it's gonna take some time and effort, but it'll be okay,"

jungkook looks at jimin, getting up quickly to hug him and cries in the fabric of his t-shirt, "but mom is not with us... she left us, hyung... she left me..."