Jimin's Girlfriend || 12

"i guess?" lily shrugs her shoulders, not giving another glance to the shy boy who has already been shifting nervously in his shoes. he must be really scared to have him wiping his hands on his shirt every once in a while probably to get rid of the sweat that lily's causing him. his chubby cheeks and thin lips, compliment a smile when lily agrees— well, doesn't disagree with his proposal of becoming his girlfriend.

according to what the boy said, he has been crushing on her ever since last year, maybe around the time of their final exams of sixth grade. he used to sit two seats away from lily and ironically she didn't know his name because he never came out to play with her and her friends. even in class his presence was subtle, the teachers never pointed him out, not to praise and never to complain either. he was, and still is, one of those quiet, cute kids everyone has in their classes but nobody knows.

it took lily a good number of months to start realising that this boy, minsu, is in her class and now also her neighbour since he moved in the new house near their mansion. one thing she knows about him now, is that he's definitely not poor. because if he was, his family wouldn't be able to afford a house in that area of seoul. his dressing sense is nice too, cute pastel colored sweaters, t-shirts and hoodies, jeans and trousers. in fact, lily thinks his big round glasses suit him the most. he looks adorable with the thin black frame touching his cheeks until he sighs and forces them back up to their place. in short, he's cute.

"really?" he beams, gulping down his excitement as his hands curl into a fist like he's about to do a mini 'yes!' of accomplishment.

"yeah," lily nods, taking a step closer to him and pokes his cheek, smiling at him, "i think you're cute, and you never get in trouble. you're one of the good boys in class,"

"thanks," he turns red on the compliment from his crush and lily giggles.

"so, let's have lunch together?" she asks.

"sure! i'd love that!" minsu nods quickly, following her out of the classroom and towards cafeteria where he realises that they're not supposed to be alone. lily already has her friends waiting for her at their regular place. she waves at them with a smile, glancing at the nervous minsu and holds his hand, ignoring the look of discomfort slowly taking over his features on approaching the bunch of people he isn't familiar with.

"who's that, lily?" alec asks, arching up a brow at minsu, just like the boy next to him.

"oh, he's minsu," lily says, sitting down next to jenny and pats the seat on her left, "sit down, minsu. they're my friends. i'll introduce you guys, so they can be your friends too okay?"

"uhm okay," minsu nods slowly, sitting beside his girlfriend of two minutes and greets the other kids with an awkward smile. "hi, i'm- i'm minsu,"

"i'm alec," alec starts first, holding out his hand which takes minsu a moment to register and give it a week handshake.

"i'm jenny, if you remember? we were together in music before... uhm summer break?" she tries to remember and minsu nods, recalling the time when he was paired with her for a recital, which was more or less musical.

"oh! you're that minsu..." alec and the other boy hum, nodding slowly, "okay, now i know you,"

"i'm yohan," alec's friend says with a smile, "i know you, but you probably don't know me,"

"i know you," minsu mumbles, "you're the one who plays soccer, right?"

"a lot of guys play soccer," jenny laughs, "even me and lily play soccer,"

"yeah, you're right. i'm sorry— i didn't mean—"

"hey, it's okay," lily tells him, taking her lunch from jenny who brought it here from her bag probably to save time. "oh you don't have your lunch? you can get it quickly, we'll wait," she looks at minsu, who blinks a few times before shaking his head. "have you eaten already?"