I apologized to the leather in silence for my mess as I slid on it. I leaned on the seat and offered it a quiet apology. He adjusted the back mirror and turned on the wipers as he drove down Luke's long driveway. I wondered whether Levi was watching at the same moment. I tried to look back at Luke, but the rain made it impossible. When I eventually turned around, he said, "So you're Ella, right?" and gave me another grin as he gave me another look. I replied, "I'm Lee, Luke's older brother," to his question, "Do you know me?" "I figured you looked pretty much alike to me." "I'm Ella, as you probably already know."

My younger brother has always been extremely secretive about her, and I've always wanted to know everything about her. I clinched my teeth and worried if Luke would be able to answer all of my questions, but I could not stop gazing at him as soon as I saw him. He had a lovely way of making me want to say hello.
agree with her. "Whoa... What a tale. "I know," I tilted my head doubtfully. "I apologize if that offended you. I thought that you had already passed away when your name came up." I shrugged after a little period of time. Is it impolite to inform someone that you believe they have already died away? It must have seemed as if I was dead to him since I saw him for the first time in a while that evening."

Lee's continued existence made me wonder why, but I knew better than to inquire, so I kept my mouth shut. Luke and I had pretty much ended up together, so it didn't really matter that Levi wasn't going to live forever. "Are you really that surprised by seeing me?" "Huh?" I inquired.Once again, my eyes were fixed on his as he questioned, "Are you really that surprised?Warm smile spreading over my face, I turned to study the road.

My cheeks heated up as I stared at the road, motionless, thinking about how similar he and Luke were in their attitudes. "So did you and like split up?We seem to be having a conversation, and Channing told me what was going on during our conversation. There was no accident that led us to that location, correct? Perhaps there really had been no accident and I could have blushed at this point. However, I was wondering why Levi had told Channing what Luke and I were up to. What words had he said? "I looked at the road with my expression frozen. My heart sank. I couldn't have had this conversation with Luke's older brother. "Don't be too mad at Luke," the elder brother responded.

Levi tightened his grip around both wheels even more. "No, that isn't your fault. Luke is now a grown man and makes his own decisions. It is my sincere regret that he has grown up," Levi said. "It is not you who is at fault for what is happening, but rather it is me who is at fault. Although Luke cares deeply for you, he is under the impression that I am more important to him than any other person. My actions caused this to occur, and I apologize for it."

I couldn't understand how he could make me feel like I was nothing to him when he said, "I chose to help me over being with you because our mother had given him an ultimatum." I didn't understand why he had to make me feel like I was nothing. I didn't see why he had to do that, in my view. He had been trapped by his mother; why couldn't he tell me that? We wouldn't have had an issue if he had taken that action. We
could have made things right.

I was reminded that I was here for this exact purpose and that's why I am here as Levi dismissed my inner difficulties. I bit my lip, trying to convince Luke not to loose what made him happy, even as his fingers were tapping on the steering wheel. I bit my lip and said, "Try telling him that." There was going to be a lot of wheedling on both sides. Levi had been telling me he made that mistake, and Luke had forgiven me. I knew there was a lot more going on, but Luke had alternatives beyond what his mother had given him.

I felt it would have been wiser to ask this question before we started driving, so I did so after he hung up. "She is with me right now. Please do not come outside to meet us because it is raining. We will get there soon." "Uh, what are we going to do?" "What will we be doing?" I felt it was a good idea to ask this question before we started driving. It was evident Levi could not think clearly right now, so I did not want to upset myself even more by making up fake scenarios. I was initially apprehensive about Channing giving me my address since I believed he was a wonderful man and I wasn't sure I should share it with Levi.