C8 - My Birthday

I woke up and I was in his arms, his embrace, it was so soft and warm and his face was just so... At peace. I reached out and I put my hand on his cheek, his cheek was so warm and I was so happy. We weren't dating but I'd come a long way in the past few weeks from barely being able to talk to him to laying in a bed with him and helping him shower. I know that sounds wrong but I think something just clicked when we realized we should've been friends a long time ago.

He started to stir and I was staring at him when he opened his beautiful lavender eyes,

"Well, hello there beautiful," he said, staring me straight in the eyes.

"Hello Neji, good morning," I said with a smile on my face.

He continued, "I really don't want to ruin the moment but something has been bothering me. I was just thinking about how badly the village treats you and how badly they treated Naruto when he was young but how are... How are you related to the Fourth Hokage, why, why do you have his last name? I mean he was Minato Namikaze but I just... I don't know, I just wanna know your story but of course, you don't have to tell me."

Dammit, I knew he would ask me this one day. When we started spending so much time together, I knew he would ask me this.

"Of course, I'll tell you Neji..."

I sighed and moved my head to his chest, he started to play softly with my hair.

"So..."

Flashback

——————

" I saw it M/n, I saw it on your bathroom counter."

M/n looked at him confused but then, it all clicked.

"M/n how could you not tell me! What we did that night... it was an accident, an accident that was my fault, and look at what I've done."

Minato was clearly in despair about the situation.

"Minato," M/n smiled.

"Minato, it's okay, what we did that night was impulsive and reckless but... above all else, it was consensual. So, I am to blame as well. But honestly, I'm not all too upset because I've always wanted to be a mother but my mother never liked any of the men I brought home. So, this is just a happy accident. There are no, mistakes just happy accidents... And on top of that, I know lady Kushina is pregnant with your child."

Minato had a look of shock on his face.

"M/n..."

"No need to explain Minato, she is your wife and I know how much you love her."

"I never meant for any of this to happen M/n, I'm so sorry, I'm so, so sorry."

M/n walked over to Minato and crouched down to where he was, he had his face in his hands. He was crying.

"I'm the fourth Hokage!" He shouted

"This should have never happened," he whispered.

Minato looked up at M/n, "M/n if you ever need anything, and I mean anything don't hesitate to contact me"

M/n nodded.

"In that case..."

Minato turned to face her once again,

"I want her to be a Namikaze"

"Her? You want her to be a Namikaze?"

"Yes, her. And I want her to be a Namikaze."

"Then a Namikaze she will be."

7 ½ months later

"PUSH!" the doctor shouted. "And one more!"

The sound of a baby crying echoed throughout the room

M/n sighed in relief.

The nurse placed her in M/n's hands, "She's a beauty"

The nurse asked, "Darling, what will you be naming her?"

"Y/n, Y/n Namikaze."

The nurse's eyes widened in shock at hearing the name Namikaze. But they asked no questions.

M/n looked down at her newborn daughter, "Oh sweetie, you look just like your father.

Suddenly the sounds of screams rang through the room.

"M/n M/l/n"

There was a masked man, he wore a red mask in a kind of, swirl shape.

"That baby is mine."

"What are you talking about?" she said, in a calm manner

"That girl along with the Uzumaki boy, are mine"

She scoffed, "You have lost it, these children are mine and Kushina's"

"We'll see about that." The masked man said in a dark tone.

—————————

Flashback Over

"So apparently, my mother and Kushina Uzumaki were the partner jinchurikis of the nine tails. They both held half the power. But my mother sealed her half of the nine tails in me and Minato sealed Kushina's half of the nine tails in Naruto. But I guess when they were sealing her half the masked man caused some troubles and the nine-tails chakra multiplied. That forced Minato to use the reaper death seal. Not only did my parents die that day, but so did Naruto's. I guess one of the nurses lived to tell the story and told Lord third who told me. So yes Naruto and I are nine tails Jinchirikis and yes, Naruto is my half-brother. But he doesn't know so don't mention it. And also yes, Naruto and I have the same birthday" I finished.

I could tell Neji was trying to take it all in.

"Wow... I-"

"You don't know what to say?"

He nodded,

"Yea, I figured as much."