42.

A/N I looked up that necklace on the Macy's website so you all had an idea of what Harry got Avery. Tried looking for something expensive. $3240 US dollars and 14k rose gold, man. Originally $6000. But in this story it was only $1000 US dollars wowowow.

ANYWAYS.

"What do you mean you can't accept it?" Harry asked in confusion, sitting up straight in his position on the coffee table. I shook my head, feeling the tears starting to come up. "I didn't want to have to do this in front of the others."

Danielle peeked over my shoulder since she was sitting next to me, inspecting the beautiful necklace Harry had bought me. She gasped under her breath, her eyes almost popping out of her head. "Oh my god, that sure as hell wasn't cheap."

"Yeah, £646." Harry mumbled under his breath, looking down at the box which had the necklace still laying in it. My eyes widened, shaking my head in disbelief. He actually spent that much money on me? "But it's whatever, you know? What the fuck ever." Harry added, standing up from his seat and storming out of the living room.

"Harry, wait!" I called out, placing the box on the table and standing up, chasing after him. He at least deserved an explanation. He spun around on his heel, and we were still in sight of the others. "What do you want?" He snapped, his face turning red, from probably trying to hold back tears from flooding his eyes.

"Let me explain..." I sighed, looking down at my hands. "Explain what? How you still have feelings for Louis? How you and him kissed last night when you told me you were going to bed?" He scoffed, shaking his head as he rolled his eyes. "I should've known."

My eyes widened. How did he know about that? I didn't tell him, and the only other people that know about the event is Louis and Liam. "What? How did you know?"

"Maybe you guys should be a little bit more quiet when lip smacking." He said, putting emphasis on the word 'little'. I felt the tears starting to pour over, spilling down my cheeks. "I thought that maybe at first he kissed you. And that maybe, just maybe, you tried pushing him off of you. But, no. I see that's not the case now." He snarled, turning his back to me. "You can keep the bloody necklace. I don't want it back."

"Harry.." I begged, reaching out to grab his arm in my hand. "I wanted to tell you. In fact, I was going to. But after you went and spent so much money on me, how can you not expect me to be speechless?"

"Yeah, because my generous act took you by surprise and just increased the amount of guilt you had built up." He said, tugging his arm away from my grip. "If you even felt guilty to begin with."

"Of course I did!" I exclaimed, clenching my fists up. I know I was in no right to be pissed off, but I was. How could he say that I didn't feel one ounce of guilt for cheating on him? "I still do! Harry, don't get me wrong; I do have feelings for you. But I still love Louis. I'm sorry, but I do."

I could feel all the pairs of eyes on Harry and I from the couch, watching us intently. It was like we were filming for a reality TV show. Besides, it's not like all of this wasn't going to be on social media by tomorrow anyways. Let's be real now.

Harry stopped in his tracks of walking, turning back around to face me. "I see the way you look at him, Avery. God, I wish you would look at me like that. But I know you loved and still love Louis. If only I'd been faster to snatch you up." He said in a more softer tone, followed by a sad sigh. "I'm not stupid, or blind. Anybody would be fucking idiotic to not see how much you and Louis still love each other."

I looked over my shoulder to look at the others, seeing Louis sitting on the armrest of the loveseat. He shot me a sad smile, nodding as he mouthed, "It's true."

"I'm sorry, Harry.." I apologized, looking back again at Harry. "I really am."

"Don't be." He shook his head, waving a hand aimlessly as if it was no big deal. "Maybe this is why I get called the player and flirt of the group. Because I'm always the heartbroken, and that's usually the cause of me becoming so heartless." Okay, now he was making me feel like ultimate shit. "But with you, Avery. Oh, god. You made that supposed 'flirty player' Harry go away. You brought out the passionate, loyal, and considerate Harry Styles. It's fine, though. Because no matter what, everything is temporary. Especially this heartbreak that you've caused me. I'll get over it. I'll be okay."

That, now, left me speechless. Never once, in my entire life, had I looked at Harry as a player, womanizer, anything. For people to think so low of him is fucking ridiculous.

When I didn't say anything, Harry gave me a fake smile, turning back around and heading upstairs into his bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

"God, I'm so terrible." I muttered, walking back over to the couches with my head down. I collapsed down onto the couch, putting my head in my hands. Louis shifted over, moving to the seat on the couch next to me. He wrapped his arm around me, rubbing my arm soothingly.

"You did the right thing, Avery. Whether you see it or not. You prevented Harry from much more heartbreak than he already has to face." Liam spoke, rubbing the back of Danielle's hand with his thumb.

"He's right, love." Louis whispered in my ear, kissing my temple lightly. "I love you."

I peeked my head up a bit to look at Louis, a small smile on my face. "I love you too."

-----------

Vote for Chapter 43!