Chapter 12

The Story Behind The Family.

NARRATOR

"I can feel him kicking!" The woman exclaimed with a big beautiful smile, caressing her belly.

"It did?" The door of the bathroom opened, revealing her husband with just a towel on his waist, who had already finished his shower.

"Yes, hon. Come here, quick!" The woman exclaimed happily, her eyes glistening with pure joy that almost reached the tip of her happiness.

The man happily rushed to her side and caressed the woman's belly, and eventually the baby did land a kick which made him smile brightly.

"Our baby boy is so strong. I might not handle it if he kicks me someday." The man said with a chuckle before landing a kiss on his wife's belly lovingly.

"Only a few days left, we will finally see and hold our baby boy." The woman uttered with a smile, looking at her belly.

"Yes, my love. Everything is going to be amazing after that day, wouldn't you agree?" The man said before kissing his wife's forehead before landing one on her lips. "I can't wait, our baby prince will soon be home." He uttered.

The cries of the baby echoed throughout the room as soon as it came out of its mother's belly.

"You have a healthy baby boy, your majesty. And a special one indeed." Their healer said.

"Special?" Both of them asked.

"Yes, your son seemed to have the complete number of powers according to the five thin circles in his yes. And not just that, I feel something different with your son, he's truly special. His future powers might be very powerful." The healer said before handing the baby to its father.

He stared at his son lovingly, he doesn't even need to understand what the healer had just said, it doesn't even matter to him if his son doesn't have any powers, he will still love him the same and give him the throne if he wants it.

Though.. five powers.. the only king who wielded those many powers was their first King.

"Hon, let's go, we're going to be late, we can't go on a picnic after 12pm, ya'know." The man shouted while looking up the high stairs, holding a baby boy.

"Okay, okay. I'm done." A woman's voice sounded, she came out from the side, wearing a blue dress that almost reached her ankles, white short heels and a crown with blue and white flowers.

Waters circled around her and she rose up from the ground before floating towards her husband with a smile.

"You are so beautiful as always." The man said with a wide smile and loving eyes.

The woman chuckled before snaking her arms around his husband.

"Quit it, like you said, we're going to be late." And they both got out of the castle before riding on the carriage.

The Carriage finally stopped in front of a big tree with a clean green leaves. As they all stepped out of the carriage, the king went towards the coach.

"Just park this in there then go join us." The king said and the coach nodded with a smile.

They always treat their people with the same respect their people give to their family, therefore, the people that works for them are already like family.

The queen walked towards the tree and caressed it before putting her head against it.

"You seem to be thirsty." She said and her hair flew elegantly and her hand glowed a color of blue.

The tree grew another branch with leaves. "Perfect." She sad before letting go.

"I still remember the day I first met you, the day I fell in love with you, you were doing the same thing." The man said, snaking his arms around her waist.

"Yeah, and I was shocked and also shy when you came to talk to me, asking me why I'm always treating this tree."

"Until we would always meet in this same place, and I even confessed my feelings here." The man said.

"And you also proposed here." The woman added. They both smiled at each other before they got to hear someone clearing their throat.

They immediately turned around to see their coachman holding their son in his hands.

"Mommy, daddy, so happy and loveeee." Their 1 year old and 4 months old son said with a bright smile while clapping his hands.

They both chuckled and the queen finally took her son in her arms.

Suddenly, in a flash the tree is currently burning with fire, the grasses already burned and the people fighting around, some with sharp swords and some with bare hands, using their powers.

People were shouting and screaming, it was all painful to see. Then in the bushes, a couple were arguing.

"We have to go! Let's go!" The woman shouted, tears sliding down her cheeks none stop.

"We can't make it in time to the kingdom, we have to fight." The man said before looking at the direction where the light and shouts were coming from.

"But what about our son?" That caught the man's attention. He turned his head to look at his son and wife which made his heart tighten.

He walked towards his wife and kissed her on the lips.

"Escape with our son, I'll handle this." The man said before kissing his son's forehead. "I love the both of you." He said with a cracked voice.

"But honey.." the woman was ready to talk again.

"Escape now, we have no time. I'll slow them down, go. Please, go." The man begged his wife.

The woman looked down at her son before looking back at her husband who is now looking at her pleadingly.

The woman looked away from him before running away with tears sliding down her cheeks continuously.

Instead of running towards the kingdom's direction, she ran to the other side, she wants to make sure that if anyone is following her, she won't be able to lead them to the kingdom.

The woman looked at her son who is currently passed out due to all the smokes present from the place they came from.

Still, with her powers of hearing from a mile away, she heard her husband's agonizing scream, which made her tighten the hold of her son.

Suddenly, she saw a town and she knew that this one is safe.

She activated her levitation powers and made her son fly to enter the village and land on a safe place, close to a safe home.

She left a letter, containing his name and a plead to take care of him.

Smiling sadly, she spoke under her breath.

"I love you, Farris." She kissed her hand before speaking "Lovousqe."

She ran towards the woods on her way to fight the people and see her husband once again with tears running down her cheeks uncontrollably.

But she knew that her love will protect her son even if she's no more in this world.

Farris opened his eyes to see himself laying on a soft bed inside a beautiful room.

"FARRIS! YOU'RE AWAKE!" Before he could turn his head towards the voice, someone hugged him tightly.

"Glad you're awake your highness." A man said with a smile and he turned around to look at him.

"What happened to my mother?" The first thing he said after he woke up which also caught Silas' attention  to also let go of his hug.