Chapter 3

A Childhood Bestfriend.

NARRATOR

Farris woke up, blocking his face from the sunrise before sitting up. He immediately held the branch on top of him when he was about to fall, sighing afterwards.

"That was close!" He snapped to himself before jumping down the tree unharmed.

He was about to walk away when he felt something was missing, he facepalmed himself when he realized that he forgot his bag.

He looked up at the tree and saw the bag hanging on a tree branch.

"Great, now I have to clime once again." He mumbled to himself before climbing the tree and taking his bag before jumping down once again.

He dusted his shorts before putting the bag over his shoulders and started walking away from the tree, going to find a kingdom.

"AHHHHH!!" While walking, he heard a scream coming from the side, making him startled. He immediately went towards the scream and saw a little girl getting chased by a monster.

He took his sword and ran towards the monster before slashing hard onto it's back.

As soon as the blade struck the monster's back, it let out a terrifying roar and the little girl fell down on the ground with a frightened expression.

The monster tried to claw on Farris but the guy immediately jumped off of it's back, landing safely on the ground.

The monster looked at him with furious red eyes, "beranue monster." He said to himself, looking at the big monster that is worth over hundreds of silvers.

He sighed heavily as the monster began to charge towards him, he raised his sword once again, using the power from the stamina and jumped up before slashing heavily on the monster's face, making blood splutter all around.

The monster let out another roar before it's body fell to the ground without any sign of life.

Farris placed the sword on top of his shoulder before wiping a sweat from his forehead, he used a lot of energy from the stamina just to manage to slash the monster's head or face.

"Mister, you're amazing! Thank you for saving me!" The little girl ran to him, thanking gratefully.

Farris turned to look at her and realized that she wasn't just a human, she was a wolf demi-human. It was his first time to meet a demi-human since his kingdom does not allow people with the same species of her to cross.

He ignored the girl for a moment while collecting a few skins of the creature to sell, the girl was about to awkwardly walk away when Farris replied.

"You're welcome, I guess. Go back to your village Immediately before another creature ends up chasing you." Farris said before walking away.

He heard the girl thanking him once again but he just kept on walking. He never even talk much with humans, let alone a Demi-human. He does not have time for that.

It took him 2 days fighting monsters, eating and of course sleeping at night before he reached a border. He went around it since it was just a wall until he arrived at the entrance.

"Halt! ID sir." The guard said and Farris gave him an ID from his school.

"You're still a student? Are you planning to become an adventurer perhaps?" The guard asked suspiciously.

"Yes." Farris replied and the guard nodded before opening a path for him to enter.

Farris began walking inside and saw many people walking, some with a basket, carts and more, there were also kids running around. This Village is more lively than his.