Chapter 18 - Our Shared Feelings Now Over?

Yitingzhen, China.

June 10th, 2019 - 10pm

Xie Lian's head quickly faced Hua Cheng, his eyes wide as he heard these words escape his mouth. Hua Cheng, now quite embarrassed, slowly looked down at the floor until he remembered something.

Reaching into his pocket, Hua Cheng pulled out the necklace with the ring attached, frowning as he looked at Xie Lian.

"Don't take it off this time, ok? Now that you know how I feel about you, even if you don't feel the same way... I want you to have this." Xie Lian looked into Hua Cheng's eyes as the taller boy began to put the necklace on him. As Hua Cheng realised Xie Lian's eyes did not avert from him once, he felt a small smile creep onto his face, looking back into the older boy's eyes. Xie Lian quickly wrapped his arms around Hua Cheng's shoulder's as soon as the necklace was locked in place, pulling him down and close and kissing him deeply.

Hua Cheng froze in shock, not expecting such a sudden kiss. Xie Lian's arms moved from Hua Cheng's shoulders to his chest, gently massaging his pectoral muscles as he fell deeper and deeper in love. Hua Cheng slowly began to kiss back, his hand gently tugging at Xie Lian's hair, causing a quiet groan to escape the smaller one. As the kiss steadily began to become more intimate, Hua Cheng found it as a perfect time to slide his tongue into Xie Lian's mouth, causing the older boy to shudder slightly yet, this time, not back away.

The two kissed each other for ages, hands and tongue's adventuring the other's body or mouth.

"Hope we aren't disturbing anything important." Both Xie Lian and Hua Cheng backed away from each other quickly, turning to see Feng Xin and Mu Qing watching, both with a slightly disgusted expression. Xie Lian went super red as Hua Cheng let out a light chuckle, holding onto Xie Lian's hand and walking over to them.

As they got over, all 4 decided to sit down and talk for a bit, resting. Mu Qing was the first to talk.

"So... What the fuck did we just witness?" Xie Lian laughed a little.

"S-Sorry, I didn't realise you two were there..." Hua Cheng sniggered.

"And it's not like you two have never done that either." Mu Qing and Feng Xin both went quite red, both shooting straight up.

"Hah!?"

"Absolutely not!"

Hua Cheng and Xie Lian laughed at their reactions, Xie Lian's laugh slowly fading into a sigh, all of them realising this. Hua Cheng gently squeezed his hand.

"Gege, what's wrong?" Xie Lian looked off to the distance, watching the view.

"I just wish we all could've had a better life together... Like, of course this is a great life and I'm happy to be here but... I just wished maybe it was different? Maybe like, we all went to school together and we were all childhood friends and stuff... Maybe it would've been nicer and less aggressive... I don't know..."

Everyone went quiet, Hua Cheng slowly lifting up Xie Lian's hand, gently kissing it.

"Gege, I think both Mu Qing and Feng Xin can agree that... Any life with us four, especially you, Gege, is a great life." Xie Lian smiled a little, feeling reassured at these words. Then, Hua Cheng gently reached for a string on his shirt which was dangling off, gently tugging at it until a long piece of red string remained in his hand. Tying it around his middle finger, he did the same to Xie Lian's hand, both now having a red string attached to each other.

"Here, Gege... Now we're connected by fate. So, no matter what, I won't leave you behind and I trust you won't leave me either?" Xie Lian giggled slightly, Mu Qing and Feng Xin quickly speaking up.

"And what about us?" Hua Cheng smirked a bit, raising an eyebrow.

"You want a red string to connect you two by fate?" Both Feng Xin and Mu Qing went silent, looking at each other before Hua Cheng laughed and spoke again.

"The sound of contemplation~. Here, you two can be connected and fall in love all over again in your next life too." As Hua Cheng passed them another red string from his shirt, Mu Qing went bright red.

"No thanks! I don't need it." Hua Cheng smirked.

"Why? Is your love for each other so grand you just know that you'll always be in love no matter what?" Both boys went red.

"Just shut up!!! Go tease your boyfriend, not us!"

Hua Cheng laughed more, looking at Xie Lian as Feng Xin and Mu Qing somehow, yet unsurprisingly, got into another argument with each other.

"You know, Gege... I told you I love you... But what about you, do you love me?" Xie Lian stared at Hua Cheng for a moment, a small, bright smile on his face.

"Of course I love you, San Lang... I basically have for ages." Hua Cheng smirked.

"How long?" Xie Lian jumped a bit, thinking.

"Hm... Probably since our first workout together." Hua Cheng frowned.

"Only that?"

"What do you mean by that!? Ok then, San Lang, how long have you liked me?" Hua Cheng smirked, leaning in close to Xie Lian, gently caressing his hair.

"Since I first laid eyes on you, before the first war I was in. So, overall... for three years." Xie Lian froze for a moment.

"You've liked me... for that long?" Hua Cheng moved away a bit, nodding.

"I've loved you for a while, Gege. Haha, I guess the amount of time you've liked me is a lot too." Xie Lian looked at Hua Cheng and then quickly leant forwards, pecking his lips. Hua Cheng's eyes widened as Xie Lian moved away.

"What was that all about? Surprising me with a kiss like that." Xie Lian smiled a little.

"Hua Cheng... Happy birthday."

Hua Cheng froze for a moment.

"Birthday...?" Xie Lian grinned brightly.

"June 10th, it's your birthday today. Happy birthday, San Lang." Hua Cheng pouted a bit, looking away.

"You are so lucky Mu Qing and Feng Xin are here." Xie Lian took a second to realise what Hua Cheng meant, going bright red when he did.

"H-Huh!?" Hua Cheng laughed at this embarrassment, saying he was joking and looking off to the sunset.

The end of the day was happy. Xie Lian and Hua Cheng cuddled together to keep warm as Mu Qing was wrapped around in Feng Xin's outer robe, his head also on Feng Xin's shoulder. All of them sat together, comfy with each other's presence near. As they continued to talk, none of them realised the 4 enemy members sneaking up behind them, their guns aimed right at them until it was too late.

BANG!

All 4 guns went off at the same time.

(1155 words)