49. | "Dad."

"He leaves at three-fifteen everyday and doesn't come back until five

"He leaves at three-fifteen everyday and doesn't come back until five. So we can track him within that time frame." I explain.

"I can place a tracker on his car." Killian says. I nod.

Lilly questions, "But how will we find my dad?"

"My necklace. I placed a spell on it, and since it's my possession, and my magic, I'll be able to sense whether or not I'm close to it." I explain. "You might even be able to sense it since you're one of me."

She nods.

"Explain to me how you know Alex again?" I turn to Nikolai.

Sighing, I tell, "We knew each other a while back. Before he had Lilly. He helped me with some struggles, and at some point, he became my brother."

"Would he even recognize you? I mean, how long ago was it?" Peyton asks.

"Six, maybe seven years ago." I answer. I check my phone. "It's almost three." I scan around.

"If we're going to do this, we need to do this now." Killian states. I nod in agreement.

The doors burst open, Elena and Isobel strolling in. "We're helping." Isobel speaks.

My brows furrow. "Elena's not coming with us."

"Why not?"

"Why not? Why not? Going with us would be a bloody suicide mission! I will not put you through that." I glare.

"I can fight."

"I think you forget that last time you had to fight, you almost got killed! If it wasn't for—" I cut myself off and take a deep breath. "If it wasn't for her, you would've been dead."

"Then what am I supposed to do?"

I shrug. "Keep Ari entertained."

"I'm not a babysitter."

I slam my hands on the desk. "You're not a fighter, either. You are sixteen. Live it." I seethe, glaring at her.

"I'm not like you! I didn't run." She hisses. I stare down at a spot on the desk, leaning on it with my hands holding me up. Then I look up at her through my eyelashes, a death stare on my face. I see the glint of fear in her eyes, but she stands her ground.

Then I stand to my full height, lifting my head. "Isobel, get your daughter out of my sight." I speak calmly, staring Elena down.

"Come on, Elena." Isobel whispers. Elena scoffs and storms off, shaking her head. Isobel sighs, but I snatch my dagger and flip it up into the air, catching it.

"Where are you going?" Peyton asks as I walk to the door.

I don't turn to him as I storm up to the door, my rage scratching at the kennel I put it in. "To save my brother."

One of the Last | Book 3 | ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara