28. | The Perfect Dress

Getting Peyton to leave was difficult, to say the least

Getting Peyton to leave was difficult, to say the least. He's too nosy for his own damn good. I can't risk him blowing my cover, but I need him to trust me.

I took a quick shower, since I needed one, desperately, and I got dressed.

My hair is in a half-up, half-down, a single ponytail sitting at the back of my head. I have a maroon colored shirt on, three buttons buttoned up at the top with a black jean jacket over top. I threw on a pair of black jeans and a pair of black high-heeled boots to pull it together. My necklaces are hanging around my neck, barely hidden under my shirt. Oliver's ring is on my thumb, his signature carved into the side.

A knock sounds on the door. "Let's go, Blade. I'm tired of waiting on you." Killian calls through the door. I make sure I have my dagger, and a gun – which I don't entirely know how to use.

I grab my phone off my bed before I walk to the door. I throw it open, death-staring Killian. "How rude of you as to be so impatient with a woman. A gentleman would be willing to wait." I step out, forcing him to back up, and shut the door. "Oh, that's right." I continue. "You are no gentleman." I send him a sarcastic smile as he glares.

I walk down the hall to the steps, Killian following behind me. I walk down them and open the door to the garage. The lights flick on, illuminating the long row of expensive, elegant cars.

I grab a pair of keys off the rack on the wall and take a few steps forward before Killian speaks. "You're not driving."

I turn to him, giving him a blank stare. "I'm being forced to go shopping for a wedding dress because I agreed to an arranged marriage instead of a fake one, which is basically the same thing as it is written in a contract." The keys hang on my pointer finger, the ring holding it wrapped around it. I wrap my hand around the keys, dropping my hand. "I'm driving."

He steps forward, placing his hands on mine, but I don't remove my gaze from his. "I'm doing this for my position, you're doing this for the money. Don't forget that."

"How can I? I'm gaining eight-hundred thousand dollars. No one can forget that." I step forward, giving him a smirk.

"We each have our own ulterior motive. Focus on that." He gives a curt nod before stepping around me. "Oh, and, I'm driving." I can practically hear his smirk.

I open my hand, only a keychain in my hand. I close my hand and look up at the white ceiling. "Real funny, Fluffy." I roll my eyes and spin around as he spins the keyring around his finger, walking to the car it goes to.

"Yes. Yes, it is." He calls over his shoulder, unlocking the car. I let out an exasperated sigh before I walk over to him and, reluctantly, I climb into the passenger's seat.

"Just so you're aware, I am picking my dress." I give him a stern look. He shrugs as he starts the ignition. "And take your keychain back." I slap it in the palm of his hand. His hand is warm, instantly igniting a fire in me. I haul my hand back and gaze out the window as he pulls out of the garage.