♕XXI♕

"I wanted him to find no good in me and he didn't. There is none." - Philip Pullman's The Amber Spyglass

♠ ♠ ♠

October 31, 1993

Cassiopeia awoke from her dreamless sleep, remembering the events from the previous night. Her thoughts immediately started up once more.

It had taken her hours last night to clear her mind which was sprinting through thoughts about her current situations.

She listed the events of the previous weeks.

She had met her aunt, Irina, who was married to her father's brother, Regulus. She wanted to find out more about that and see whether she could truly trust Irina.

She had broken things off with Alexander but thought that for now, it was probably all for the best.

Finally, she had learned that her biological father, Sirius Black, a killer, had escaped from the worst prison in the Wizarding World of the present: Azkaban.

Irina's warning last night had seemed hasty, yet extremely nervous. Cassiopeia took that as a sign that Irina knew something about Sirius and why he had escaped that she wasn't telling her. Of course she couldn't forget the fact that Irina warned her that Sirius could be trying to find her. However, Cassiopeia was urged, rather forcefully, not to tell anyone what she knew so she pushed the thoughts out of her mind and went about her day.

It was a Saturday, not to mention Hallowe'en, so most students had a break from their studies. Some chose to spend it in Hogsmeade whilst some preferred to stay on the grounds at Hogwarts. Most of the students knew that something was brewing, the presence of the dementors and the whispers of the professors were enough to prove it. This led to a majority of the older students, who understood the severity of the situation, to stay at Hogwarts on the rainy day.

Cassiopeia tied her dark hair up and secured it with a dark green ribbon, her signature. She left her dorm, noting that her dormmates had already left much earlier. She had decided that she would seek out her little brother and see if he had heard anything about Potter and his awful friends.

Turning out of the girl's dorms into the Slytherin common room, she noticed that many subjects of the magical portraits were gone, an unusual sight to say the least. Quirking an eyebrow up in wonder, she continued to try to find Draco.

She roamed the long and dim hallways of the castle and to her surprise, didn't see a single student. She realised that she didn't leave her room until quite late in the day and was shocked at how lost she had got in her thoughts. She turned the corner near the Astronomy Tower, still thinking about how she had missed a good part of the day, and bumped into Professor Snape.

"Ms. Black, everyone must be in the Great Hall right at this second. Haven't you heard?" The Professor drawled, his voice monotone.

"The Great Hall? I haven't heard anything about that." She scoffed, annoyed at the girls in her dorm for not telling her.

"Be gone to the Great Hall at once." Snape said, leaving as quickly as he appeared.

Cassiopeia briskly walked to the large Hall, and she began to put together the pieces in her mind.

On her way, she walked by the portrait of the Fat Lady, who was crying and shrieking as Headmaster Dumbledore and some others tried to calm her down.

"Sirius Black! Here! In the castle! He did this to me!" She said looking down at the large gash in the portrait.