♕VI♕

"Ask no questions and you'll be told no lies." - Charles Dickens's Great Expectations

♠ ♠ ♠

Cassiopeia donned her dress and affixed herself, with some help from her mother and Aunt Maia.

Once she was deemed perfect, she was announced after her mother and father.

She descended the rather large staircase gracefully and caught the eyes of her best friends Daphne Greengrass and Anastasia Selwyn.

She greeted her guests and circulated around everyone conversing with them.

Cassiopeia finally reached Daphne and Anastasia, however, her cheeks hurt from smiling and her legs were rather weak from curtseying.

She curtseyed towards the two girls and they curtseyed back, such was proper greeting between everyone.

They began talking.

"Oh, Daphne, Anastasia, wasn't it wonderful when we received our letters?" Cassiopeia asked.

Anastasia had celebrated her birthday in August, whilst Daphne had celebrated hers in the earlier days of September.

"Yes, it was simply divine!" Anastasia squealed.

"I agree, Mother and Father were extremely proud, and Annalise couldn't wait for all of us to join her! Astoria was so jealous!" Daphne gushed.

Annalise Greengrass was Daphne's older sister, she was a fourth-year Slytherin and was known for being the "Slytherin Princess."

Annalise and Cassiopeia had always had a close relationship, due to the fact that the Greengrasses were 2nd cousins.

Eventually, after hearing more gossip from Daphne about Annalise's new boyfriend, Cassiopeia had to once again converse with the guests.

She circled around twice more and took note of the approving looks of her parents.

When the clock struck eleven, most of the families began to clear out. It was common knowledge of most people, that it was improper to stay at a party past eleven, out of respect for the hosts.

Cassiopeia, Draco, Narcissa, and Lucius all thanked their guests for coming and responded to all the well-wishes for Cassiopeia's year at Hogwarts and her future.

Daphne and Anastasia, however, were staying over at the Manor for an extended celebration.

Narcissa bid the girls a good night and then joined Lucius upstairs.

♠ ♠ ♠

 Hey everyone! I know I just dumped 7 chapters on you guys, but as you can tell I have decided to continue on with Cassiopeia's story. I hope you all have enjoyed  these past 7 chapters and I would extremely appreciate if you would comment something that you enjoyed, something you think could have been better, or something you want to see happen in Cassiopeia's story! 

Also, I have deleted the original  one-shot, but it is available on my list of stories! It is titled "The Sound of Snakes." It will appear in this story eventually, but for now our Cassiopeia is still just 11, so we have 5 more years worth of adventures to go! 

Please vote, comment, and enjoy! 

♠ ♠ ♠