♕ XVI ♕

"For there to be betrayal, there would have had to have been trust first." - Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games

♠ ♠ ♠

September 1, 1993

Cassiopeia couldn't seem to shake her mind from her meeting with her aunt. Questions and thoughts zoomed through her brain. Why had she never heard of Irina? How had Irina hated her father, Sirius yet still been present at her birth? If her aunt and uncle had loyally followed the Dark Lord through the first war, why does no one speak of them? As the days passed by after Cassiopeia and Irina's meeting, they turned into weeks, which turned into months. Soon after, Cassiopeia began her fourth year at Hogwarts and celebrated her fourteenth birthday with her friends and family by her side. As the fourth year Slytherins entered the common room after dinner, they caught a glimpse of a dark creature fleeting in the night sky through the window. Cassiopeia knew immediately what it was.

"Dementor." She breathed.

Alexander, standing next to her, turned to her with wide eyes.

"My father told me that we should expect them. He didn't tell me why, but he had a grave look on his face. My older cousins told me that they've been sent to hunt someone from Azkaban." Alexander whispered, so softly that only Cassiopeia could hear.

No student made a sound.

Out of the corner of her eye, Cassiopeia saw Draco and his friends. He mouthed to Cassiopeia to meet him in the broom closet.

That she did.

♠ ♠ ♠

A/N: I am so sorry to have kept you all waiting so long. I mentioned that updates will be slow and I apologize. I have not forgotten about this though! I hope you all enjoy and please remember to vote and leave comments! xx