♕V♕

"I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I'll go to it laughing."  - Herman Melville's Moby Dick

♠ ♠ ♠

Cassiopeia awoke in the early hours of the twenty-first of September after having had a night terror about her Aunt Bellatrix.

It was her eleventh birthday.

Her Hogwarts letter would be arriving today.

Today was the day of the ball.

She dressed and walked to the hallway. She was greeted in the hallway by a hug from her brother and he accompanied her to the dining room.

She was given a hug from her mother and a smaller one from her father. They wished her a happy birthday.

They sat down to eat, and once they had finished an owl arrived.

The Malfoy family all knew what it was.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmaster Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. Of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Malfoy/Black,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

Cassiopeia smiled widely and looked up to her parents and her brother.

"Read it aloud, Cassiopeia." Her father said.

Cassiopeia read the letter once more and the family all shared a smile.

Her mother had tears in her eyes once she was done, and even Lucius, although he never truly showed emotion, was struggling to contain his pride for the girl he considered his daughter.

"Cassiopeia, it seems only fitting that your mother and I give you this gift now." Her father said.

He summoned a small box.

"Seeing as you are the heir to the House of Black, and have now begun your schooling, it seems only befitting that you receive this." Her father said as he passed her the box.

Enclosed in the box was a silver ring with the Black Crest on it. This ring, however, shared the Malfoy Crest as well, and a copy would be given to Draco when he received his letter as well.

"Father, Mother, this is simply magnificent. Thank you very much!" Cassiopeia cried.

"Only the best for our Cassiopeia." Her mother said.

"Another Malfoy and Black off to Hogwarts!" Her mother practically sang.

"Slytherin House will have gained a very talented witch." Lucius said.

Cassiopeia turned to Draco after smiling at Lucius and Narcissa.

"They'll be extremely fortunate to have both the Malfoys, brother of mine." She said.

"And two more Blacks, for that matter too, sister." He responded.

They laughed. 

♠ ♠ ♠