run away

"Y/N," Tate said, almost a whisper. "You'd do that with me?"

   You gave him a 'you know I would' look in response, and his eyes dropped to your lips before quickly coming back up.

   "Tate?" you blinked slowly.

   He looked to you expectantly, "Yeah?"

   With a shaky voice, you finally breathed, "Kiss me."

   His eyes widened as he swallowed hard, then eagerly said, "I don't think I'll be able to stop if I do."

   "Then don't," you challenged, one brow quirking up. And he didn't waste another second.

   Tate angled his head and pressed his lips to yours, for the second time ever. It turned urgent quickly, and he moaned into the kiss before biting your bottom lip. You leaned back and let him lay you down; he looked like a dark angel hovering just inches above you. You two kissed again and again, eventually opening your mouths to let your tongues find a rhythm, and you felt him getting harder where he pressed against you.

   You didn't stop him when he began lifting your knee-length skirt, and you helped him to get his own bottoms undone and off. Neither of you could hardly catch your breath at this point, taking turns sucking and kissing each other's neck and collarbones. It felt like you'd both waited years for this.

   All of you guys' clothes apart from your bra were in a pile on the floor. His dilated, almost-black eyes looked you over as if you were the most enchanting creature he'd ever seen. You felt a stab of insecurity but he kissed it away immediately, then watched your face for any sign of hesitation before aligning himself with you.

   "Please," you whimpered, and he slid gently in with his brows together and bottom lip between his teeth.

   Uncontrollable moans escaped from both of you, and you dragged your nails over his shoulder blades as he picked up the pace. You managed to breathe out his name a couple times and it completely unraveled him. It wasn't long before you were both a noisy mess as your stomach tightened and you finished, and you pushed yourself harder and faster onto him to get him there as well. His lashes fluttered and a line appeared between his brows as you sent him over the edge. He kept pumping slower and slower until finally he let himself fall onto the bed next to you. You looked over at each other, sweat glistening on both your chests. The love flowing between you was palpable.

   "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that," he panted. You smiled over at him, in a state of pure bliss until you realized what exactly had happened at the end.

   "Tate..." you began, trying not to panic. "Are you crazy?"

   He sat up instantly and nearly whined, "What? What do you mean?"

   "You definitely didn't pull out..." you observed out loud.

   Relief washed over him. "Don't worry," he relaxed back next to you. "I can't get you pregnant."

   You tried to hide your surprise, and held yourself back from asking how he knew; maybe it was a tragic story. "Oh," you finally said. "I'm sorry."

   He kissed your cheek without a care in the world and said, "Only a good thing for me." After propping himself up on his elbow, he asked, "So... how do you feel?"

   You mirrored his position with a shy smile and said, "I feel like I love you. I always have."

   He kissed you again, and you were elated that you could do that whenever you wanted now. When you pulled away he said, "I've always loved you too. But I think you knew that."

   A flush crept up your face; you had always known, but it was extraordinary to hear out loud. Finally.

   "So what does this mean, are we running away? Should we make plans?" you asked curiously.

   Tate looked to the ceiling and twiddled his thumbs anxiously, "What about Thea?"

   "Please," you scoffed. "She hates me. She hates that she got stuck with me and had to raise me. She takes my door off the hinges, yells at me if I stay home or go out, scolds me if I breathe too hard... it'd be a relief to her if I disappeared."

   "Y/N that's such bullshit, I had no idea," he said apologetically. "I... I really wish I could help I just--" he shook his head disappointedly. "Don't think I have the confidence to try something like running away yet."

   You invited him to cuddle into your chest, and cradled his head to you when he accepted, "I understand, Tate, really. It's been a rough life and a rough few years." You ran your fingers through his hair and he sighed contently. "We'll get you there. I'll be here until you're ready."

   "I know I just said it, but I love you. So much," he told you.

   "I love you too."

*****

      That night when you got home, Aunt Thea was waiting on the couch with that all too familiar grumpy look on her face; you knew you were in for a scolding about something.

   "It's late," she commented. "Where were you?"

   "With Tate," you admitted.

   She switched the TV off and turned her head to you, "Yeah. I heard some things about that kid."

   "What kind of things?"

   "Bad things. He used to do or still does coke? Was always in and out of counselors' offices and then changing therapists, got in trouble for aggressive outbursts, dropped out of high school... I thought you said you graduated together?"

   Your face heated and you began to panic for whatever reason, "I-I don't know, maybe I got confused."

   "Likely story. And that's not even the worst of it. There's a well backed-up rumor that he fucking killed his dad because he used to hit him?"

   "Okay that's totally wrong and people have no idea what they're talking about," you said, getting rightfully upset.

"It's enough for me," she said rudely. "All that paired together, I don't want that kid anywhere near this house or anybody in it. You're done with him, end of story."