WARNINGS/INFO

TW - puking, self harm, abusive parents, murder, suicide, typical Murder House shenanigans

this is a (kinda) slow burn, second person Tate x Reader (Y/N) fic

in the show, Tate dies at 17y/o in 1994 after shooting up the school; that's not the case in this fic bc I don't want to have to keep track of things that were or weren't around in the early 90's. It's modern day and he's not done any of the awful things he did in the show. Also, the Harmons do not exist in this AU.

there may be modest s3x scenes, but don't expect hardcore p0rn. it is not helpful -- but in fact rather ignorant -- to comment "We were robbed!" or something similar when i (or anyone) cover a sex scene this way, or even skip to the next day after the deed is done: some of us have too much sexual trauma. Every time i get a comment like that i feel like shit, not to mention invalidated as a writer. i physically cringe and sweat even attempting to write a smutty scene, idk what to tell y'all. there's loads of accounts that write plenty of that, this just isn't one of them. ty.

there will be some things very similar to the show because, well, there's only so many things you can do with a character that can't ever leave the house, and a girl that wants to be w him. be warned that this fic does not have a fairy tale, typical happy ending-- but it's tragically happy for them in its own way.

there's also a nod to Perks of Being a Wallflower in chap 3, so shout out to that movie for the idea lol

it starts a little slow and with not much dialogue but it (hopefully) gets better ! this will be my longest fic i've written to date, i hope.
like i said in my bio, i'm in no way a professional, writing is just a fun hobby of mine :)

your media consumption is not my responsibility.