𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 : 13

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It'd been a couple of weeks since mine and Cedric's moment in the astronomy tower, after everything I heard Cho saying - luckily she's gone sort of AWOL and I've only seen her in potions and briefly in the common room.

That moment kept doing laps around my mind, but we'd been keeping things to ourselves for now. Occasionally he would slide his hands around my waist and pull me into a corner of the castle for a kiss, but we hadn't told anybody yet or even spoken to each other about what we actually were.

"Hey L/N! Haven't seen you in FOREVER!" Said Fred placing his plate down at breakfast.

"Fred, we had herbology yesterday." I said, still with a bit of morning grumpiness in my tone.

"Well okay miss smarty pants, I hardly get to talk to you since you're all 'I want to focus, you know this will come up in our OWLS'."

"Well it's true, also you shouldn't just be eating muffins for breakfast, you guys have a game later against us, you need energy so have some wholemeal bread - it has the longest sustaining energy."

"Mmmmf, in a minute," he replied with his mouth full and as if I was his mother asking him to take out the bins.

"Morning." He came from behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders

"Morning Ced, ready for the game later?"

"If you're there, then you guys are sure to win." He gestured towards the leather wristlet he'd given me. It prompted me to hold onto it and fiddle with its worn frayed edges.

George stuck his fingers down his throat at that comment, insinuating that Cedric was being slightly cheesy, or matter of fact very cheesy. It didn't bother me though, but that's probably because I was absolutely enveloped in my feelings for him. That was definitely why

I attended all my lessons for the day and headed down towards the quidditch pitch, the one thing I like about heading into spring is the lack of wet mud and the fear of slipping over in front of everyone. It wasn't the best, still being March and slightly rainy, but it was worth it for quidditch.

I threw my jumper over my jersey as I knew I'd get cold, being a keeper does come with it's downsides. It was a very close game, I saved some good shots, and as I hate to say it Cho played really well even though she didn't get the snitch before Harry. Harry Potter was a wonder to watch on his broom, he was born to play.

As I walked out with my broom and had slowly slipped away from the team, I found Cedric waiting for me outside the pitch.

"Oh hey, you didn't have to wait out here in the cold."

"I wanted to see you after the game, tell you how great some of those saves were, the chasers did not give you a break."

"Yeah Katie Bell does not mess around, even though she's a really nice girl outside of quidditch." I paused and put my hand on the back of my neck, "Ced, we need to address the situation."

His face flashed with fear and excitement, a very confusing combination, "come on let's go to Hogsmeade and sit in the three broomsticks with a Butterbeer and have a chat, I don't want you to get hypothermia, March in Hogwarts is never kind." He put his arms around my shoulders and let me into his robes a bit, I nestled my head into his shoulder for even more warmth.

We finally got there and sat down opposite each other with our butterbeers, "I don't want to beat around the bush, but I think I'm ready for you and me but I'm just not sure how you feel about that and putting a label on it." I was shocked with myself that I just put myself out in the open like that, but it had to be done. I took a sip of my drink with pride.

"Y/N, I'm so glad you said that," he sighed with utmost relief, "I'm completely ready to start this with you and I want to do everything the best I can." He reached his hand across the table for me to hold and we sat there in each others company until we'd finished our drinks, Cedric Diggory is my boyfriend

On the way back to school we just had a chat like normal, except it felt right holding his hand as we walked. Before, it seemed like it wasn't right for me to parade my relationship with Cedric because it wasn't official, now I'm allowed to walk around and just say I'm his girlfriend instead of having to answer all the difficult questions.

───

"So you and Diggory huh?" said George.

"Oh come on Weasley, I think we all knew it would happen at some point," I said glancing back at him with a slight side eye. He chuckled at my response and put his hands on my shoulders and gave me a shake of approval. 

"I think you two are great together L/N," his smile retained itself as he went over to Ron and Harry, I watched their faces as they heard the news and Ron gave me a little silent scream of excitement - he will always be the sweetest Weasley. 

I caught Hermione on the way into the dining hall and sat with her to discuss some recent reads, although we all know that she was dying to hear about Cedric and I. 

"Really, Y/N, you and Diggory? I mean I know how much you like him but after all of the issues with Cho I really believed that you'd stay out of it," she realised that she'd more insulted me rather than congratulated me, "but I'm happy for you and I hope it goes well my love."

"Yes yes, but can we speak about books now?" I said as I picked up some chicken and placed it on my dinner plate, "did you finish reading solace? I know you said that modern fiction isn't always a go-to, but you have to admit it was pretty bloody good."

"Y/N you know I can never thrash your book recommendations - you know me too well for that." 

We continued to chat as we ate until it was nearing curfew, as I was saying my goodnights to the Weasleys and Mione I felt a warm, familiar hand slide around my waist. 

"Goodnight gorgeous," said his sweet, bewitching voice. 

I made a soft mmm sound and turned into his arms. Most people had cleared off by now so it was just me and him in the hallway if you didn't count Sir. Nicholas. "You should sneak into the Ravenclaw common room," I winged knowing he'd say no. 

"You know I can't do that Y/N," he grinned down at me, cupped my face in his hands and gave me a light kiss. 

"I'll see you in the morning Ced."

"Sweet dreams my lucky charm." I watched him walk off and caught him turning around to see me leave. 

My face was flushed, I somewhat skipped back to the common room and crawled into bed. I scooped his quidditch jumper out from under my bed - like always. Even if I had my own its 10x more comfortable. I rolled onto my side and opened my jewellery box to look at the earrings Ced had gotten me for Christmas, he really knew me. I drifted off with my lips upturned, thinking of him and how lucky I'd been to finally be with him. My Cedric. 

GUYS IM BACK! its been a couple stressful months of exams, I'm just waiting on the results! but I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it took me a while to finish ik, but hey at least its here !

word count: 1322

author