𝐁𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞: 12

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Christmas had passed, and the time I spent with Cedric was very special to me, but school was starting again, and I couldn't let myself be distracted by his beautiful grey eyes, and soft shiny hair. Seriously Y/N? Are you sure you aren't getting distracted?

I could finally see Fred and George again, I had missed their cheeky smiles and disgusting jokes. It was Herbology first period, which was perfect because it meant I could catch up with Fred, and find all about the Weasley family Christmas antics.

Today in Herbology Professor Sprout was teaching us about the Chinese Chomping Cabbage, I found it pretty interesting, but obviously Fred wasn't too engaged, but that's not too surprising as Herbology has never really been a strong point of his.

As Professor Sprout ended the lesson you could see the relief on Fred's face, "I never want to see a cabbage again."

"You wouldn't be saying that if you were in danger, Mr Weasley," said Sprout, appearing behind him, "right, class dismissed, expect you Miss L/N."

I waited until everybody had left the room and walked back over to Sprout, "is anything the problem, professor?"

"Not at all, I just wanted to give you this book on Herbology, you never know when it may come in handy," she said as she handed the book over with an encouraging smile.

"Thanks, I'll be sure to read this!"

───

I went to potions and was surprised to see Cedric missing from his seat, but maybe he just had perfect or quidditch duties. I continues the day as usual until it was lunch. I set off to the hall, but I couldn't see Cedric anywhere so I decided to just start reading the book Professor Sprout gave me, it was full of interesting facts about plants, and how they have multiple uses. George walked by and decided to say hi, especially since I hadn't seen him, so I gave him a big hug and told him all about what happened with Ced.

"Speaking of Cedric, have you seen him today?"

"Hm, I think I saw him head up to the astronomy tower earlier, but I haven't seen him since."

"Okay thanks! I'll catch up with you later if you want, sit with me at dinner?"

"Of course N/N, could never miss out quality time with my favourite Ravenclaw."

I set off from lunch a bit early in hopes I'd find Cedric, as I climbed the stairs I'm not sure what I'd find once I got to the top. As I got closer and closer I could hear voices echoing down the stairs, I got a bit closer to try and find out who was talking.

"Look, I know I was a bad girlfriend to you, I just thought maybe since it's a new year, you and I could work out. It's obvious that you're just using Y/N to get over me." The voice said

"I-..." Cedric's voice was cut off by the other.

"Don't even try to justify it, if you didn't have feelings for me, why would you have met me up here in the first place?" I heard the footsteps getting louder, it was clear to me that it was Cho, however, I didn't go back down, I wanted to see her face when she saw me. I knew she was desperate, but trying to convince Cedric that he still has feelings for her is absurd.

She got closer until she bumped into me, "why are you eavesdropping on my conversations? Worried that Cedric will come back to me?"

"Not at all." I said, with a stern look and callousness radiating from me. I pushed my shoulder into hers and continued to climb the stairs. As my head peaked over the stop step I could see Cedric standing over the balcony grasping the railing, staring out into the world.

"Hey, Ced, are you okay?"

"She's right, why would I have come up here? Do I still feel like that, even after all that she put me through, do I still want to be with her."

"Cedric, listen to me, she's messing with your head. After all, that's what she did throughout your whole relationship. Please just think about Christmas, the time we spent together, weren't you happier then?" I had walked over to him by this point and had my hand on his back.

"Of course I had fun, but I know you don't want to be more than friends, so it makes me feel like you don't have any feelings for me at all."

I hadn't seen Cedric this vulnerable in a while, even though what he said had hurt me, I knew he wasn't speaking for himself, Cho had gotten into his head and I needed to show him that.

"Cedric, please hear me out," I paused as I turned to walk back down the staircase, "I'm always here for you, and I do want to be more than friends, but we can talk about that later."

I didn't turn back around, but then I felt a hand around my wrist, "we can't talk about that later."

Cedric plunged his lips into mine and swiftly moved his hand around my waist, after the feeling of shock went away I leaned into the kiss, ruffling my hands through his golden hair.

"Be mine, Y/N." He said after breaking away from the kiss as his eyes bled with hope and fear.

"Oh Ced, I'll always be yours."

This made him smile and pull me in for a hug, "I don't want to ruin this, please let me know if there's anything I can do. If slowing down is what you really want, I'll do that."

I said nothing and pulled him in for another kiss, I felt heat inside of me and could sense my soul spiralling into his, intertwining us as our hands did, connecting us by more than just out lips. I could not deny that I had fallen for Cedric Amos Diggory.

Something in my brain told me it was time for the next lesson and I drew my wand from my sleeve, "tempus," It showed 12:40, 5 minutes to get to the easiest subject ever, muggle studies.

It was time for Care Of magical creatures, and I'm still confused - this whole situation has only raised more ambiguity in my relationship with Ced.

"Hey cutie," I said placing my books down on the desk, it was raining outside so today it was just dragon egg analysis. Cedric's eyes widened when he'd head what I had said, but in reality, I was just trying to work out where we were.

"It sucks when it rains, we were meant to do more unicorn stuff in the forest." I could tell this was an attempt to make things seem normal, but I wasn't giving up.

"Hm yeah, but I prefer the common room when it rains, the big open ceiling make it fell all cozy, hey Gryffindor and Slytherin have a match later so nobody will be in the common room, want to come over for a bit, my dad sent over some playing cards and I want to teach you some muggle games."

He slid his hand over mine, "that sound great, darling."

I gave him a smile and got out my parchment. "Right, what does a mother dragon do to 'er eggs to keep 'em warm?" Hagrid said holding up an egg that he swore was just a prototype.

Obviously my hand shot up straight away, "she breathes fire on them."

"Well done Miss L/N."

Took me a while, but hey I've got my GCSES to think about lmao. In all seriousness it shouldn't have taken me this long but hope u enjoy, I don't even know if people read these!!!!

Word count: 1309

Author