𝐍𝐨, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 : 7

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/N's POV

After that night with Cedric we began talking more and he reassured Cho that we were only friends and nothing more. Maybe it was best that way, then that means that I wouldn't get hurt. 

I spent about a month and a bit after just slowly building my relationship with Cedric, however even after all that time him and Cho were still dating...

It was around Christmas time so the twins suggested that we all make our way down to Hogsmeade to go into the Three Broomsticks for some butter beer, like we did every Christmas. They said I should invite Cedric to come as he'd never been with us before, and he said that he needed some time away from Cho anyways so he came with us.

As we walked around the snowy grounds of Hogwarts we all began chatting like it was just how it was before all the drama. The walk to Hogsmeade was pleasant, the large blanket of snow covered all the leafless trees and it glistened in the soft sunlight. I glanced over at Cedric who was having the time of his life in the snow in awe of its beauty. 

We finally made it into The Three Broomsticks and sat down and ordered our classic butter beers. Cedric and I sat on one side of the table with the twins facing us. I was so happy we were back. Well not completely since Cedric was still owned by Cho.

I wish I had the guts to tell him I knew everything that Cho was doing to him but I couldn't, I didn't want to seem selfish and act as if I wanted Ced to myself. I didn't want him to suffer though, it hurt me so much knowing what he was going through, and I didn't even know the full story. After we finished our butter beers we went out to just enjoy the snow so we made our way down to the Black Lake and started a snowball fight...

"Hey N/N you're on my team!" Shouted an overenthusiastic Cedric.

"Okay! We can easily beat these two!" I shouted back. I was so happy in this moment and I wished that it could last forever. 

"Fred use our twin telepathy." George said while grinning at Fred.

"That doesn't exist losers." Said Cedric so certain of his answer.

But he was wrong, I've never seen them two boys be more in sync in their entire lives, it was mesmerising. I don't care if we lost, that was a masterpiece. 

We were all cold so we decided to go inside and I suggested that we headed into the Ravenclaw Common Room, even if it was against the rules to sneak in other house members. 

───

All four of us sat on the chairs and the sofas exchanging funny Christmas memories from Hogwarts and at home.

"Hey Fred, remember the year your mum forgot to make you a jumper but made me and harry one?" I said 

"Don't remind me, hopefully I get one this year..."

Our laughter was interrupted with an owl flying to the window, tapping with its beak.

"Dads owl..." I whispered to myself 

Cedric looked over to me with fear in his eyes, he knew everything about my dad. He rushed towards me before I could even get the letter from the owls talons snd pulled me into a hug. 

I walked over to the window and opened it. "Thanks Peter." I said as I retrieved the letter.

I could feel a lump in my throat, dad only writes me first when something is wrong... The last time that happened was around this time one year ago when he said he'd be leaving mum and when I would arrive home he'd no longer be there.