𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝟕: 11

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I was sat in the Ravenclaw common room waiting for Ced, just organising my drawers and looking through the album dad gave me, then I heard the door shut and rushed out to see him.

"There you are!" He said holding his arms open for me to run into.

"Took your time Diggory," I said, pulling back from his warmth.

"Yeah, those other headmasters had A LOT of questions," he took my hand and led me over to the sofa opposite the warm fire, "so what's this present I've heard about?"

I ran off to my dorm and tied the golden ribbon over the small box. As I ran back in its like Cedric was a golden retriever just waiting for me, staring at the door. "I hope you like it, if not I can always exchange it for something you'd prefer."

"Y/N, don't worry, I know I'll love it, you're always the most thoughtful person when it comes to gifts." I handed him the small box and he gently brushed his hand against mine whilst receiving it, and I felt the same current passing through my body as the last time.

He opened it and his eyes lit up, "wow, Y/N, I love it. Thank you," he slid it on his finger and it was a perfect fit. I sat back down onto the sofa and snuggled up in his side as he draped his arm over my shoulder. He planted a soft kiss onto the top of my head and I drifted off,  nestled up into his side, and felt his soft hand gently creep up to my face.

"If you said this is where I would be a week ago, I would not believe you," I said with my knees against my chest.

"If you told me this is where I would be, I would've begged to be able to travel in time."

"Ced, how long have you had feelings for me?" Of course I already knew the answer, I couldn't help it, I wanted to hear it coming from him to me.

"It's a bit of a long story, but do you remember how I told you I first noticed you when you started playing Quidditch?" he said using his thumb and his forefinger to tilt my chin upwards to meet his face, "ever since then, Darling."

"I only really knew your face, and that was just because we had played quidditch against one another." He looked a bit upset but he already knew this since I had no clue who he was when is spoke to him for the first time on the Hogwarts Express, "however, your face has become to be my favourite." As I said this, I placed my hand on his chest and he slid his hand up to my cheek and applied a small amount of pressure to tilt my head in order to kiss me.

"Look, Diggory, if you're going to kiss me like that I'm going to need more than one."

He gave me a cheeky smile and picked me up and flung me over his shoulder. I let out a shriek, "Cedric! What are you doing?!"

He carried me across the common room and pushed the door of my dorm open with his foot and placed me on my bed. I dragged his large shoulders and pulled him down with me. We were now both in a huge fit of laughter. We readjusted so I was comfortably resting on his chest, and could feel his heart beat beneath me. I reached for my bedside table to retrieve the letter I'd written for him.

He furrowed his eyebrows as I passed him the envelope, "what's this?"

"Open it and find out." I said, as I nervously chewed the inside of my mouth.

I watched his eyes to try and see his reaction, and saw them light up.

Cedric's POV

She handed me the note and I read it, I didn't really know how to feel. On one hand, she felt that way about me, however, she said she wanted to 'prioritise our friendship'. 

"I can't wait to see where this goes as well," I placed the note on her bedside table and wrapped my arms around her in a big bear hug, "how about since nobody is here, we go on a little date?"

"Where would we go?" She said with her smart-ass tone but a childish excitement in her eyes. 

"Well, we could take a trip to Hogsmeade, or you could come to my common room in a couple of hours?"

"I'm intrigued, I think I'll come down to the Hufflepuff common room," she paused and furrowed her eyebrows, "however, I have a gut feeling something disastrous will happen."  

"Trust me Darling," her face went that rosey shade of pink it always does when I call her darling,  "come around at 7."

───

It took a couple of hours to set up, but it was perfect. I had stolen some food from the kitchen, but the elves didn't seem to mind. I used an end table and cut open a pillow case to make a tablecloth, it wasn't perfect but its the thought that counts... right?

She'd come in with her hands covering her eyes, I giggled at her and she gave me a frown, "no it was cute,'' I said as I approached her and took her hand away from her face. Her face was so perfect her E/C eyes piercing through my skin; she sent my nerves into shock. "I hope it's okay," I said as I spun the ring she'd given me earlier around my finger. 

She looked down and held my hand, "oh, Ced, it's perfect." Her hands were so soft, I couldn't stop constantly wanting her to hold my hand, however, I was too nervous to do it myself. I knew how she felt about me, but something about her always made me timid. I drew her hand towards the table and we sat opposite one another. I felt myself uncontrollably smiling around her, she was my favourite person, I was addicted to her. 

The night went on, we chatted and laughed, and I fell for her even more, she told me about all the books she'd been reading, and I've never really been a fan of the Wizards trials, but she made me want to get past the first chapter, its like astrology, the way she speaks with such passion just holds me. As nice as this was, I just wish she were my girlfriend. 

───

I said my goodnights to Y/N and cleaned everything up, and then came my owl through the window, with a letter enveloped in his talons. 

My dearest boy, 

I'm wishing you the best this Christmas, I knew that you enrolled in Hogwarts you would be a Hufflepuff, that quality has really shown after you told me the news of helping and being there for one of your close friends, wish them a Merry Christmas from me, and your mother. We will send your present soon, my boy. We have received the gifts you sent, and we love them. 

All the best, 

Your Dad

Dad sends me letter almost every week, but it does make me feel warm every time I receive one, this really made me think about Y/N, I'm glad I could be here for her, after putting my feelings aside, I want nothing more than to make her feel loved. 

I thought this chapter would be a cute idea, I'm liking the whole Y/N slightly rejecting Ced for the time being. Hopefully you guys enjoyed the big Cedric pov bit! I'm thinking of bigger time jumps soon, since im 11 chapters in and have only written 3 months haha. 

Word count: 1289

Author