I can't say anything to your face - jo

Start from the beginning

"I'm so sorry for his lack of manners," You apologized as you locked the door behind you. "I love the guy, but he's just an asshole at times." You looked to her, and she just had a smile on her face. "You wanna wear something more comfortable? I was just planning on finishing this show."

"Yeah, that would be great." She smiled, you nodded leading her up to your room.

You waited for her in the living room, continuing to watch as you pondered how you know her. You were so immersed in your thoughts and the show that you didn't even notice her sitting beside you already. Your heart jumped. "Hey, I didn't notice you."

"You looked like you were really thinking," She laughed, you just raised your shoulders and shook your head. You looked at her, taking in a really good look so you could recognize her. "What?"

"I know you from somewhere." She raised her eyebrow, didn't you already recognize her? It clicked. "Shit! You're in that Lit class with Dr. Perry, right? Aren't you also in theatre? Jenna, right?"

"Yeah, that's me." She leaned into the couch, a little flustered at the fact that you know what she's taking.

Your face scrunched up, a smile on your face. "You're friends with Emma and Maddie! God, I love those two, but I don't know how I haven't met you, you guys are always attached at the hip. It's great meeting you now, though." Jenna could've sworn that she was falling even more at the fact that you were so warm and open. You looked back to the TV, falling back into the universe of the show.

_____

"Holy shit!" Jenna exclaimed, you just raised your eyebrows at her, amused. "I did not expect that."

"You've never watched Stranger Things?" Your jaw was slacked. "There's no way, it was huge! Like Maya Hawke, Sadie Sink, Finn Wolfhard." You and her started to talk about the actors and actresses, how absolutely insane the show was. You didn't even notice that it was almost 2 in the morning. You looked at the time, noticing that your roommate hasn't even gotten home yet. "Oh shit!" 

"What?" She turned from the TV to look at you.

"It's like two in the morning." You started to text him, asking him where he was. "Do you have class in the morning?" She shook her head, you nodded as you looked to your schedule. "I can drive you back to your place, I don't have any classes until like 1."

She waved her hand, immediately not wanting your time together to end. "Are you sure? I mean, you're a little tipsy right now, and it's pretty dark out. I don't wanna risk your safety. I could walk."

"Um, no." You opposed her. "I'm letting you walk out there, alone. Like you said, it's dark out. And it's cold, you didn't bring a jacket. Do you feel comfortable enough to stay here for the night?" She had to make sure she didn't agree right away. 

"Yeah, that should be fine. Let me just let Maddie know." She went on her phone, texting the girl that she'll be back in the morning, who just replied with 'yeah i figured bc its THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT' and '😏🍑??'. You noticed that she started to blush at her phone, which concerned you a little. 

"You good?" She lifted her phone up and out of the way from your sight. "Alrighty, I'm gonna head up to my room, get ready and then you could take over." You patted her leg, getting up and heading to your bathroom.

"What are you doing?" You turned around, seeing Jenna looking at you. 

"What do you mean? I'm gonna sleep." You explained, sitting down.

"Not on the couch, you can take the bed with me, you know." You raised an eyebrow, she just nodded, reassuring you that it was okay. "Y/n, I seriously don't mind."