• Your Eyes (II) •

Start from the beginning

"Badtameez"!
Daneen huffed giving him a last glare before turning her attention towards Hamza's frame who unlike Huzaifa's lying frame, was sitting on the charpoy in cross as he swiftly made notes for Chemistry.

"Hamza, how long will it take for you to finish making them"?

At her question, Hamza raised his head for a fraction of second as he opened his mouth to speak for the first time,
"Api, there are still two chapters left".

Daneen let out a soft sigh as she turned folding her arms on her chest,
"Tum dono Behan ka gham na bantna"!

"Behan only knows how to give us depression. Thank you very much, we don't need it".
Huzaifa remarked from behind the book making Daneen send a loud 'Dafa ho' his way which he utterly and royally ignored.

Zeenat apa, remembering something, spoke the other second as she threw more grains for the birds,
"Aur apko pata hai bibi g, us waqt Shagufta keh rahi thi k baray hujray main apkay baray main baat horahi thi. Wo chai denay gayee tou us nay apka naam sun Liya".

Daneen let out a dramatic sigh as she lowered her arms resting them on the hand trail as she propped her chin on the back of her hand,
"That would definitely be my precious Amaw huzoor showering Khurram bhai's ears with my numerous complaints".

"Hain? Aur apko dar bhi nahi lag raha"?
Zeenat apa asked, slightly startled.
She knew well how every person present in the haveli feared that man and Daneen was no exception.

She used to change her way if Khurram Shah popped from other side.

Daneen sighed softly as she gazed down at the lush backlawn,
"Dar lagnay say Kiya wo dantay gae nahi mujhe? What is supposed to happen will happen. I, a brave commander, won't show any weakness no matter what others do".

"Yeah! The same brave commander who barely escaped getting caught for plucking guavas from Zafar uncle's tree. Really brave".
The sarcastic tone of Huzaifa easily gave her another frown as she turned her neck throwing him a glare.

Hamza's wound seemed to have freshened too at the words as he raised his head halting his writing and spoke in an accusing tone,
"And Khurram bhai scolded me so much. You both made me the scapegoat at the end"!

"Someone needs to sacrifice so his other comrades can safely evade trouble".
Huzaifa lazily commented turning the page of the book.

His words successfully flared Hamza's nostrils as the teenager straightened his back giving him a glare,
"You besharam insan! You should be grateful I took the blame upon myself and didn't expose you. You are indebted to me, show some respect".

Huzaifa raised his gaze giving him a fake half smile,
"I'm an ingrate, I don't know how to show gratitude".
Before nonchalantly going back to revising the chapter.

Hamza could only let out a huff as he held the pen aggressively going back to making notes, vowing to not pay these annoying people any of his precious attention.
They didn't deserve it!

Daneen turned towards Zeenat apa's frame,
"Zeenat bi, what do you think they were talking about"?

A frown immediately marred Zeenat apa's features,
"Bibi g, abhi tou apnay suna k Huzaifa babu aur Hamza babu kiya bol rahay thay, kiya ap k kaan kharab honay shuru hogaye hain"?

Daneen felt like banging her head somewhere,
"Main in ki nahi, dada jaan k kamray ki baat ker rahi hu".

Zeenat finally nodded in understanding,
"Oh acha acha. Abhi tou ap keh rahi thi k apki shikayatain lag rahi hngi".