"Observe this. "I see a new side to you," I said, raising an eyebrow and making an effort to maintain eye contact with him as I dried out my damp hair. "Well, I figure I owe you this since you show me a new side to Luke every so often," he said."I never imagined that one day he would offer to go on a business trip, but I'm sure he did it so you could accompany him and unwind. He is aware of the strain you are under. "Seeing him show compassion makes me pleased." "Is that the actual reason he brought me?" I'd figured it had to do with something about our contract. It made me kind of embarrassed. "What about Donna?

Donna laughed and said, "He invited her so you wouldn't feel alone and you'd have more fun." Dylan informed me. That has my full support. Hawaii vacation for free? I'd have even come along to be her personal assistant." I stared out at the ocean for a moment, biting my lip. I wasn't used to Luke being so... human. Where had this come from? Since when had he been so in tune with what I was feeling? Had he found out I liked him? Is that why he invited me on the date? To tell me it couldn't happen... I ground my teeth together. No, Ella.

Why did I have to be so negative all the time? I couldn't read Luke's mind. There was no use speculating. I'd just have to wait. Maybe he just wanted to spend some time together since he hadn't really got to enjoy anything yet. After we left the beach, we headed back to our suite so we could rinse the salt off our bodies. I decided to be cute and wear the white and red hibiscus-patterned sundress I'd purchased earlier to match the white flower in my hair. Hopefully where we'd be going wouldn't have a strict dress code. Knowing Luke, he would find something about my dress to complain about. "Are you nervous?"

Donna asked as she studied herself in the mirror, trying to get a good look at her backside. She'd opted for forest green sundress and it complimented her beautifully. My fears about Luke are always coming true." I couldn't help but laugh. Donna smiled and continued, "Can I tell you something?" "So how do you feel? You make me nervous around him." "My brother is cute, but I still prefer your brother." "Gross. We were interrupted by a knock at our door. Dylan called out, keeping the door shut as he continued to make his way out. When my heart jumped in my throat, I turned to Ariana in panic. I drew in a deep breath and pushed at the door playfully. The sweaty palms on my dress wiped away as I slipped through.

As Dylan smiled at me, his body seemed to be filling with a temperature. Within a moment, I found our lips parted, and I couldn't speak. "Have fun." "Thanks." He put his hand out towards my face. We will be there for you no matter what the future holds for you." I told her. How could Dylan sense my concerns so well? "Thank you," I said, expressing an incredible feeling of appreciation, overcome by the immense sensation of admiration I had for the sandy-haired guy. I responded, "You better treat Donna nicely," emphasizing that it would be the nicest thing to do as a friend. He said, "You better treat Luke nicely." After pausing briefly, he said, "Well, he deserves some sass from you." I smiled, like if a weight had been taken off my shoulders.

The breeze from the beach ruffled my hair and the bottom of my dress as I put the back of my hair behind my ear and peered out the window. I saw Luke standing there, gazing at me, at the bottom of the deck. As I came down the stairs, I could feel him examining my attire closely and knew he was watching me. He followed me down the stairs, his eyes fixed on me as always, wearing the same button-up and excellent pants. As soon as he praised me, my immediate thought was, "What are you wearing?" I had been anticipating him to ask something like that. He was praising the outfit that I was wearing. He glanced at the flower in my hair and exclaimed, "Wait, this dress?" I said, "Wait, this dress?"

Where did he find the flower, I questioned him? He muttered, extending my hand and removing the flower from my hair. He slipped it back in, and I was going to object, saying, "Uh, some guy gave it to me earlier." "Are you hungry?" "Why?" "Wait on your left side?" "Where's the best place for me to eat?""I usually make you follow my agenda, today we'll do what you want." He continued without responding, "Anything's OK." I glanced at him for a while feeling a little strange. "What would you want to eat?"What is sushi? Tell me what you want, Ella." "Anything."His distaste for sushi was evident from his look, and once again, I was taken aback by what he said when he said, "Sushi." "Do you really like sushi, or are you simply nodding in agreement with me?"