Chapter Four

The next day is Saturday, so no school. 

I do my usual routine of getting ready, and since there's nothing to do today I decide it would be good for me to sit down and do absolutely nothing. 

At around 1pm, I hear a knock at my door. I go to answer it. It's Kyle, Eric and Stan. "Hey y/n, we're gonna hang out, want to come?" They ask. 

"Sure." I say. I let my mom and dad know that I'm going and then I'm on my way. 

"Where's Kenny?" I ask as we walk. It was weird to me that he wasn't here with them. I don't think I've ever seen any of these boys apart. 

"We're walking to his house now to get him." Kyle says. 

I nod. I've never seen Kenny's house before. I didn't even know where he lived. I had only been to Stan's house and I knew where Kyle and Eric lived because they were all pretty close together. 

As we walk further and further to the edge of town, I notice that we had to cross and old railroad track in order to get to Kenny's house. There are rats and broken beer bottles everywhere, and in that moment I realize that Eric wasn't kidding when he called Kenny poor. 

I try not to make my curiousity of the situation obvious. We approach the house and Stan knocks on the door. 

A lady with red hair and a heavy southern accent opens the door. 

"Oh hey boys, Kenny's just over in his room." She says, opening the door further so we can enter. For a moment, I still a little girl sitting over on the couch playing with a blonde-haired doll. 

Before we get the chance to enter, Kenny comes running to the door while in the middle of pulling up his parka. 

"Bye mom!" He says, and then shuts the door. Then he sees me. 

He turns red, and closes his hoodie strings a bit. He clears his throat. "Oh hey y/n." 

"Hi Kenny." I say. 

Nothing more comes out of the situation and we begin to walk back to our part of town. 

"Do you guys want to see a movie?" Stan asks. 

"Yeah sure!" Says Kenny. 

"What kind of movie?" I ask. 

"Scary of course." Eric says.

"Yeah, Paranormal Activity is in theaters right now." Kyle adds. 

"Yeah why not." I say, although I didn't think the movie would scare me at all. 

As we walked, Kenny still seemed slightly annoyed, but I didn't think much of it. 

*

"That was awesome!" Stan exclaims as we walk out of the theater.

Well, I wouldn't be sleeping tonight.  

"You okay there y/n?" Kyle asks. 

I realized I was holding onto Kenny's arm, gripping at his parka. I quickly let go. 

Kenny pretended to be hurt. "Wow. I'm not good enough for you?" He asked. 

I only gave him a look. "You know I could keep you safe." He said with a smirk on his face.

"In your dreams." I replied. 

"Damnnn." Kyle said, high fiving me. 

"You're gonna take that Kenny?" Eric asked. 

"Maybe she'll take it from me." Kenny replied, winking at me. 

I made a disgusted face. "Oh please." I said. He smiled as if he was impressed with my reaction. 

*Kenny POV*

She was kind of cute

I watched y/n as we walked out of the movie theater. She was interesting. She didn't fall for my words as easily as other girls have before. 

We got along well together. 

Y/n wanted to be home early today. Her mom was cooking her favorite dinner and she wanted to help. 

I should ask her to hang out, just the two of us. 

We dropped her off at her house and decided that the four of us would go to Kyle's house today and play some video games upstairs. 

As we played, we talked, like usual. 

"What do you guys think of y/n." Stan asked. "Oh god dammit!" He then yelled at the game. 

"What, Kenny's girlfriend?" Cartman remarked. 

"Fuck you." I replied, nearly killing Stan's character.

"Did you see the way she grabbed onto Kenny's arm today?" Kyle asked. 

I smile at the memory. 

"Yeah Kenny it looks like you've really got something going on." Stan says. 

I don't reply. 

*Y/n's POV*

Later that night, I laid in bed. I had so much second hand embarrassment from the way I was holding onto Kenny's arm. 

But I liked the way we got along. 

I remembered Wendy's warning to be careful, and I remembered the things he could say about girls. I knew I had to protect myself. 

Just be careful  I heard Wendy's words echo through my head as I fell asleep.