XVIII

Too much

You bursts in Doflamingo's office in rage. He look at you confused. You stop in front of him.

"I believe I told you that the political marriage is not needed anymore." You said in gritted teeth. Doflamingo lean to his swivel chair and look at you.

"I know but I insisted, it will still do a good connection you know. YN, this is one of the way to get more power. Connection." He explained calmly. You ball your hand into fist.

"I can make my own connection, without the help of that Erica! Cancelled that freaking engagement!" You said demanding. Doflamingo then lean forward. He place his elbow on the table and lean his face at his right hands while looking at you, a sly smirk is evident in his lips

"Why are you so furious about it, YN? The engagement won't do anything bad at you, are you jealous that Erica is going to marry first than you? Well, I could recommend you someone better.. hows that?" He said and chuckled. That made you more annoyed.

"I dont give a damn about anyone else!" You hissed so annoyed. He tilted his head trying to figure you out. You shake your head and step back.

"You know what, forget it! Do whatever the fuck you want!" You said. You turn your back and starts walking to the door but his last words made you stop

"Do I smell something, perhaps a jealousy? Ohh.. not because Erica would marry first, but because of the person Erica is marrying??? Is that it?" He said in a very playful tone. Then there is his iconic laugh.

You closed your eyes intently.

"Fuck off." You said and leaving the office.

* Time skip brought you by Caesar's Laugh SHIRORORORO *

It's been couple of week since the party, and you were still upset of what Doflamingo revealed and he's still not cancelling it.

You sighed deeply.

"You know, I think you need to take a break." Gladius said while looking at you stressfully. You were at the office signing some paper works with Gladius accompanying you.

"Nah. I'll just finish this." You replied and continue to focus on what you're doing.

"You still look bothered. Do you really like the guy that much?" He asked that made you choke on your saliva. You glared at Glad.

"You're talking nonsense, Gladius." You said in an annoyed tone. Then you saw how he smirk.

"You're terrible at hiding your feelings." He answered then he chuckled. He stood up from his chair.

"Come on. Coffee." He added, with that you didn't think twice. You closed your laptop and put your papers at your drawers.

You just can't say no when it's coffee. So you and Glad went to your favorite coffee shop and you decided to stay there for a while and taking some break. You and Glad just talk casually about work and some stuff and when he's trying to bring up the topic about you liking Law you would always dodge his questions and bring up another topic immediately.

It's almost past 5 when you decided to go home. When you were inside your unit you decided to go to your favorite spot at the building which is the roof deck. Its been a while since the last time you stay at the roof deck. You're holding a cigarette in your hand while just admiring the sun set at the city.

While gazing at the view you heard some noise near your spot.

"Been a while since I last saw you here." A lazy baritone voice field your ears and just like that you suddenly felt nervous. You didn't bother to look at him. You can't also remember when was the last time you held a proper conversation with him. You just cant act cool in front of him.